We got visit last night

thalenoi

"Once they fall on these a few times, nobody will want to fuck with you again." :rotl::rotfl::rotl:

My wife's aunt, who lives on the edge of Nongkhai has a German Sheapherd and iron bars on the windows. After somebody pried the bars off the windows and ransacked the house while she was out, she went out and bought a rottweiler. That's how some people think - get a meaner dog.

I don't think dogs are particularly good for security. They can be made quiet with food, or they can be poisoned or otherwise killed pretty easily.

Those little yappy lapdogs (or over-grown lab rats) that stay in the house can be of some help. They seem to be pretty good at waking people up at the slightest strange noise (last night, I set off the dogs in the next village by cracking some cubes out of the ice tray.)

So, thalenoi, based on that, your new puppy may offer better protection to you and your property if he is allowed to sleep inside the house where you can hear him. It would also be safer for him too. We already know that somebody in your neighborhood is capable of poisoning an innocent dog.

Thalenoi, the only thing that surprises me is that you are surprised you have had someone trying to break in?! My brother is just finishing his new house in the country and my wife has already said she wonders how long it will be before someone breaks in? In virtually every village there will be someone who sees a farangs house as a legitimate target or assumes theres plenty worth stealing there.

Simie.

I think this is the crux of the matter. Its like insurance fraud, everyone says it is a victimless crime as only the "big boys" have to pay. Total bollocks. The local authorities are often just as bad as those committing the crime. Perhaps like Fagin, with them getting their share later on.

I wouldn't live in the boonies with loads of stuff which the local thieves would sell for another bottle of lau khaw (sp ?).

Archived