We got visit last night

thalenoi

Yesterday was the first night we had a gate and locked it for the night. It was also the first night our puppet dog was free to sleep any place he liked on the compound.(we had an adult dog who got poisonned 3 months ago and lost our security watcher with that).

Yesterday also workers were finishing the wall separating our land from an other piece, no house built yet. No next neighbours, a few houses near by. We have just finished building a wire fence South and West with vieuw on rice paddies.

This morning when the workers came to work for the last day they called us to show someone climbed the wall at the far end, breaking some of the freshly laid cement on top of the wall and leaving sport shoes marks on the top.

Whilst I always minimised the gf's comments on thiefs I was somewhat shocked to realise that less than 2 months after moving to our new place we got visitors. The airco was running, I don't know if the puppet who slept at the front door heard something and barked, but the backyard neighbour rice farmer heard his dog barking at 11pm and came out his hut to check.

Well it seems I will have to review my opinion on the risks of rural life. I don't kmow what should be done. But it seems the gf will now want to transform the place in a high security prison: metal bars and barb wire on top of the wall, even electric fence :o .

The crazy thing about the wall is that street side it's only 1m high and a short jump, even for a thai....waiting for these metal decorative frames.

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

We also heard that a few days ago a few 100m from our place one or two buffalos were stolen in the evening when or after a party was on in the nearby village. The owners were at the party or recovering from alcohol consumption depending on who tells you the story in the village.

Get nice big metal fences on top of the walls ringed with razor wire, should do the trick.

On a more serious note our house in the sticks is never left empty ever, if we are not there its the wifes father, brother, nephew etc, I thought this was over the top until my wife told me about the amount of crime in the area.

Use the motion sensors to trigger a video recorder so you have the slackers on video!

Lots of ways to keep them out...a siren connected to the motion sensors id good, it will wake you up but after the word gets out that you have a security system, they will leave you alone!!!

Get nice big metal fences on top of the walls ringed with razor wire, should do the trick.

On a more serious note our house in the sticks is never left empty ever, if we are not there its the wifes father, brother, nephew etc, I thought this was over the top until my wife told me about the amount of crime in the area.

Same here, when we are on the move, one other family member stays in our house.

Thalenoi, the only thing that surprises me is that you are surprised you have had someone trying to break in?! My brother is just finishing his new house in the country and my wife has already said she wonders how long it will be before someone breaks in? In virtually every village there will be someone who sees a farangs house as a legitimate target or assumes theres plenty worth stealing there.

Simie.

Our house in the USA and in Thailand both have 6' walls, iron bars on the windows, and metal doors.

If you want to get rid of the fuckers coming over the wall in Thailand, get some boards and put nails thru the board so 2-3" of nail sticks out of the board. lay the boards down inside the perimeter of the wall with the nails pointing up. Once they fall on these a few times, nobody will want to fuck with you again.

Archived