where do I download Internet Explorer 7 without windows validation ?

OCgringo

Interesting KS. I thought at first it may have been a problem related to mac changing over to the Intel duo chip (I have a Macbook) but from what you have said it an IE7 issue. Have you tried Firefox?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OC,

you are right, there's a small number of sites that I visit that don't work in Firefox. Instead of switching to IE or Opera I use the FF add-on IE-Tab.

Opens the site in FF but uses IE renderer to present the page.

Again, don't only update your IE, at least install all important updates except WGA notification. Windows update will install/update the WGA tool and then you have no problem validating IE7, Media Player 11 and other downloads from Microsoft.

you are right, there's a small number of sites that I visit that don't work in Firefox.

I suspect the problem to be somewhere else! Maybe some codecs or mime types are not registered with firefox! If something doesn't work in firefox you should go to (tools> add ons) and you will usually get a solution there.

I.E. I hated it that videos started playing in the browser window, I wanted to queue them in my VLC media player (plays everything) so I have installed some tiny add ons and now I am even able to play yout tube flc files in my media player, save them to my HD and can convert them into a more useful format!

If you link me one of these non working pages I can test them since I believe my FF is setup close to perfect!

I've been using IE7 on my home laptop. I don't like it much.

The interface is horrible. The way the buttons have been repositioned on different, illogical, places on the screen is a pain. And there doesn't seem to be a way of making it look like the old versions. Only good thing is the setting to hide the menu until you hit alt, giving you some extra space.

The new tabbed viewing should have been good, but I find it slow and each tab took as long as a new browser window to come up.

Maybe on vista it will be better, but I think it's pretty shit to be honest.

CT,

now that you told me I checked the sites again. Microsoft sites still don't accept FF. The only non-Microsoft site I had problems with was with TV.com

Not saying it is/was a FF problem. More like they used a few tricks that only work in IE.

Guess what? Now it works in FF without using IE Tab. Not sure when was the last time I tried without IE Tab but guess it was still with FF 1.5. Now Using FF 2.0.0.2. So either because of changes in FF or because they 'repaired' the site, now it works.

> If you link me one of these non working pages I >can test them since I believe my FF is setup close >to perfect!

Shooting myself in the foot...I am setting up a website and have not done the tweeks required to make it work 100% in FF. I am using ASP.Net 2.0, so a little learning curve for my part, but take a peek and let me know!

Link

If I was doing a website to sell something I would make it work with older web browsers,

Most of the fancy bells and whistles seem to show how "cool" the web designer is and do nothing to sell your product

whenever I see a page saying you cannot look at this page without dpownloading the newest flash , or newest browser I think of the customers they have lost at the "door" to their shop :(

make it simple and sell more !

OC

Ohh one more reason for 2 web browsers,

You can have 2 windows open of the same website,

I have 2 email names I use on gmail, but you cannot have both open on the same browser as it updates every few minutes,

the solution is open gmail on each browser, each with a seperate log-in

Then I can leave them open all day and see if I have new emails...

there may be an easier way, but this works for me :)

OC

CT,

now that you told me I checked the sites again. Microsoft sites still don't accept FF. The only non-Microsoft site I had problems with was with TV.com

Not saying it is/was a FF problem. More like they used a few tricks that only work in IE.

TV.com is a site I am as often as on this one. I archive all the shows on a modded xbox and need it to get the titles of the episode. It always worked fine in firefox!

I actually don't have a problem with microsoft sites as well. Only with the earth map features that require IE7

Archived