What Thais think of old farangs

wonderlust

Moo,

"Do old Thai men marry young Thai women frequently? Not sure."

I don't know about 'frequency' but I know some Thai men who married younger women, some much younger, after a divorce or when becoming a widower. Have a 50 something yro guy around the corner with a wife in her mid 30's-cute too. And know a few guys married a second time to younger wives, more than ten years younger. Actually I think it is much more frequent here than in the west. But have no numbers to back that up. It does seem to be less frowned upon.

We are seeing more and more of these quotes in the news whereby the Thais come across as very racist, ignorant, xenophobic, -- men and women. And many from the higher echelons of government and business. Nationalism rears its ugly head in the LOS, always was here anyways, just saying it out loud now many of them. The worse the economy gets (and I do believe it will all implode soon enough) the worse these sentiments will get.

Cent

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< "We are getting a lot of weird retirees here," Vongthip said. "They can't survive in your country so they come here." >>

What is "your" country? Perhaps this explains why foreign tourists get raped and murdered here by the gentle Thais???

<< ... where women are too shy even to wear a swimsuit on a beach. >>

What an absolutely assinine statement! Thai women cover up at the beach because they are afraid of getting BROWN!

Simple solution to the problem: reciprocal agreements. If a Thai can buy land, own a business etc in MY country, then I should have the same rights in Thailand. (Fat chance that will ever happen ...)

Well I agree to a certain extent with some things others are absolute BS. No one is forcing young Thai women to marry â??Old Farangs.â?Â

If the Thai government wants to clamp down on foreign business they will be committing financial suicide. The big players on the world financial stage will only put up with so much unstable rule changing and will go somewhere else â??China.â?Â

If third world countries want the advantage of a global economy they have to give as well as take.

Imagine if the USA decided to kick out all foreign land owners and companies the Japanese and Arabs would shit.

An average of 1.4 Million people visit LOS every month they need to realize who butters their bread!! If they push this crap too far I look forward to the Baht being 100 to 1$

MHO no need for anyone to get pissed

S1

Yep, creeping nationalism is definately fashionable right now...helps keep the 'little folk' distracted, whilst the incompetent government 'runs things' and no doubt gets wealthy...displace and project your feelings elsewhere...has been tried by many politicians thought out the world over time...always works...don't take responsibility, find a nice minority with no voice......blame them and provoke emotions...keeps people occupied....because, if they start thinking and looking at what is really happening, maybe they wont be happy with the current reality.

Freakin lame...but happens everywhere and people are suckers for it everytime.

Nationalism plays its role but I have seen religion also play its role. I have been around some educated Thais who find falangs desire for 'free sex' deplorable. Even more deplorable is how farangs will go out of their way to kill flies and other creatures for the fun of it. Otherwards, some of these people hold their superior noses high in the air when they smell are sticking presence.

Bangkoktraveler said:

I have been around some educated Thais who find falangs desire for 'free sex' deplorable.

Why don't these "educated Thais" find it deplorable that thier own people are the ones giving out the "free sex." Why don't they use thier knowledge to educate the poor sex workers to stop. Then the horrible evil Falangs sex tourist would stop coming to thier beloved country.

People in Glass Houses should not cast stones

S1

Archived