AFL Tipping Competition Anyone???

MooNoi

Got us next week Moo Noi, suspect it's the only game we've got at the "G" before September. No, just checked, got the Tigers there in July.

The Weagles have had a rough start to the season, Arkutha, bad publicity coming from all directions. The AFL seems to want to make an example of them, wonder if they'd do the same to a Vic side?

Article in the Age the other weekend suggesting Cousins et al were flying on ice when they won the flag and he took the Brownlow. Suggested stripping you of the goodies may be an option. Don't think it will go that far though, too many skeletons in other closets as well.

Hope all the druggies get a really good fright though. Gotta test at least 10% after every game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just did us by 5 points, J2!

:(:(:cussing::(:(

Heartbreaking.

0 and 6 now.

I listened to it live online on the AFL website.

(Covereage from 3MMM).

Umpiring sounded ordinary by all accounts. Crowd went birko at the end of the game at the umpires apparently.

Still, not using that as an excuse, but you got out of jail from what I heard of the match. (Last half).

I only followed the game on a Port forum website Piggy but it was certainly hard and bitter work. Controversial for sure but it makes a change, it's usually the interstate clubs wingeing about the umpiring.

BTW 16,000 at a home game is the sign of a club not destined for it's present format much longer. The Darwin Demons?

I picked 6 of 8 this week and powered to 6031st.

I got 4.

You're doing well...

6 was good - a few upsets on the weekend: Kangaroos beating Sydney, St Kilda beating Carlton, Hawthoen beating Essendon...

How about Geelong - wow! What a score!

Richmond at least are worse than us at the moment!

A few years ago when we came within 5 minutes of merging with Hawthorn and we would have been the "Dawks"... lovely! The hybrid Melbourne - Hawthorn uniform would have been a shocker too!

Can't see us moving before North to Brisbane or Hawthorn to Tasmania though. We'll be safe for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

FAAARRRKKK!!

My beloved Demons just lost by a solitary point to the fucking Kangaroos!!! :banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

That makes us 0 wins and 9 losses for the season now.

Fucking great.

:doah: :onfire: :(

(And yes... I do have a skerrick of sympathy for the Tigers at the moment too. Just a tad).

• 2 months later...

I had a shocker this season. Most I tipped in any round was 6. Appalling.

A bit like the Demons!

Hey - good win for you today, J2. I watched the game. Cassisi kicked a goal with 3 seconds left to win the game. At Kardinia Park too, so a good win for your guys going into the finals.

Then I watched Sheedy and Hird's send off at the "G". 88,000 people there! Richmond spoiled the party somewhat, winning by 27 points.

Can't see anyone stopping Geelong though.

Next week, Richmond play St Kilda. If the Tigers win, they'll avoid the wooden spoon.

That means Melbourne will play Carlton for the wooden spoon on Sunday afternoon. Whoever comes last gets the first draft pick. Which means, as far as that game's concerned, whoever loses "wins" and whoever wins "loses" if you get my meaning! Interesting scenario, and will be interesting to see what happens in that game.

I am hoping like hell Kevin Sheedy comes and coaches us next year!!!

Archived