Americans are full of crap

teddy

I don't know a helluva lot about Obama frankly so I can't offer an informed opinion. From the little I know I like. I don't think he'll win and I think he knows he won't win. He's doing what a lot of politicians do and that is run for national office to build name recognition so they can make a serious bid in the future.

Just a suspicion on my part and I have no proof on my part but the Clintons I think have done an end run (an american football term for non americans, out flank is the military equivalent I think) and sewed up the black leadership support. Rev Al and a couple of other prominant 'black leaders' (and I use that term only because the media does, I personally have no national leader) have said a couple things that could be constsrued as negative about him. There is a unsaid '11th commandment' that you never speak negative about another prominant black person in public. Republicans have the same '11th commandment' as well to some extent.

I can't speak for all blacks but the general perception from me is that most like him.

I have a strange feeling Edwards will win. Hillary's best bet is to involve Bill I think. Edwards will do well I think. Back to Obama, he's a centrist for the most it seems. His lack of experience is his major fault at this time. Not with me. I actually see a long stint in Washington as a detriment. The lobbyists, big money and special interest own you after a term or two. You need them to provide the war chest to run a campaign. He's a senator from Illinois. There is no way to win as a far left candidate outside of Chicago. The southern part of the state is very conservative.

Archived