The sexiness of desperation

whitelotuslane

In the hooker selection process, I'm really looking for experience. Someone who knows how to act, dress, what so say, what buttons to push. It makes for a fun & exciting few minutes. Accomplished hookers are the sex-tourist/sex-pat's Big Mac.

But that day I had watched pretty much continuous BBC World coverage of a 200 year anniversary of something, I think it was Slave Appreciation Day, or some such. And there was a British-Jamaican guy arguing that slavery is still very much with us today, and that 'liberation' -which he pronounced "liberashone"- was primarily a thing of Western minds now able to pretend to be free of guilt and responsibility.

So on that note, I went out to the bars. Like in most of the world, also in Thailand outright slavery has long since been replaced with 'capitalist exploitation', a model more commonly known as 'freedom'.

My only intention was really to have a drink and waste girls' time chatting, but in the second bar I went in to there was a lady who was a very obvious newbie to the whole scene. Now as stated earlier I greatly prefer experience over innocence, however there's some cheap gratification to be found in 'scaring the newbie', calling her over and starting a friendly chat in rapid Faranglish, knowing full well that she won't understand a word, won't know what to say or do and would generally much rather run & hide. But then I quickly follow it up with telling her I'm just joking, show that I speak pretty reasonable and polite Thai, and offer her a drink. She had been there 2 days, actually the best time for 'scaring the newbie' as she will have had time to digest the war stories from other working girls, intended just as much to educate as to scare her out of her mind.

Normally that's where it ends, and I move on. However I found myself actually considering the bar manager's suggestion of taking her out..

Why... I honestly don't know. As a tribute to Slave Appreciation Day I suppose. The manager lady was asking all kinds of difficult questions on her behalf that I didn't know the answer to, like if I would pay her or not, and "'short time' or 'long time'?". For me, this completely depends on the person, and on how things unfold, but I just said "I like medium time". "Oh....", the manager said, "you mean, like steak?"

Short time, long time... whip out Microsoft Project and build me Gantt chart why don't ya, I got two milestones to add.

But.. I actually did it... and before I knew it we were out on the street together. "Did you eat yet?" I asked, as that's the polite thing to ask in Thailand when you don't know what else to say. Kind of like "Everything okay?", to which you don't really expect much of a debate to ensue.

But to my surprise she said "No, actually I'm very hungry. I didn't eat much today.. " I was actually happily surprised with that for several reasons. First of all that she was at least assertive enough to speak her mind, and not come back with the dreaded 'up to you' that too many girls reply to just about any question or suggestion. And secondly I realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast either.

Being a new arrival she didn't know the city or where she was, so it was up to me to find some food. Found a nice road-side little food market area where we had big grilled shrimp and fish and soup. Turns out that since she arrived yesterday she only made 25 baht from having someone buy her a drink, so that she actually hadn't had the money to eat all that much! With that in mind I had her order some more filling food (khao kha moo, Thai for 'fat on carbs') as take-away, just in case. Can't have sex while you're hungry, after all.

[ Sex tourists: know your Maslow-hierarchy; you gotta feed the girl before she can get to intimacy, achievement and self-actualization. ]

So finally there we were, back in my hotel room, when she got a phone call, from her mother. She went into the bathroom and the call was in Issan/Lao but a clear enough variety of Lao for me to follow. Mum asked If she'd sent money yet. "Not yet", she said, "it's not the end of the month yet and I've only been working 2 days".. Understandably she hadn't told her mum exactly what vocation she'd taken up. "Tell the hospital that I can send money soon, really." ...huh..

So after the call I enquired a little further and it turns out that her son is in hospital with something, and she really really needed money to pay for his treatment! She was going to have sex with me to save her baby, out of sheer desperashone!

Now I don't have to tell you all what a huge turn-on that was. And that on Slave Appreciation Day!

Well actually, of course I'm kidding there. I may not have a full set of ethics left in the toolbox and the ol' Compass of Morality got well and truly demagnetized long ago, but going through with that scenario....... I don't think so.

Of course, sending her back wouldn't exactly help anyone either, so I said "you know, normally guys give some money in the morning or after things finish, but I understand your thoughts must be with your family right now, so I'll pay now and it's up to you what you want to do. Can stay, can go back, can wait until bar closing time and then go back, you can do absolutely anything you want, except watch Thai soap series on my TV."

She wai'd receiving the money, and then said she liked staying with me better than staying in the bar, and that she was not turning back now on her first chance to see what it's like... . Her first time with a Western guy and everything.. And she was... incredible. Less experienced about certain things ("Hello... Miss! You're allowed to make eye contact while doing that, Western guys like that") but overall it was really one of the best nights ever from a sex/physics point of view.. And we got to seconds and thirds... (Can't remember that happening in a long time). I think she also came, twice, judging from the way things tightened up down there. (of course 'her coming' is only an optional milestone on the Pay4Play Gantt chart, but there should be bonus points or something for it.)

Sometimes you let things happen in a different way to what you think is the best way, for some feeling or reason that you can't understand even yourself. But sometimes it works out way better than just having that 'sure thing' Big Mac..

I don't really feel guilt at the moment, I mean rationally how many guys have sex with girls without knowing what the latest or most immediate circumstance was that led to her being there, and one must assume there's some pretty good and urgent reasons out there. And besides, would you have second thoughts getting a haircut if you knew your hairdresser desperately needed money for something.. You'd say come on, get on with it, do your job, get paid, participate in the economy to the fullest.

Right?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, you didn't properly study the "Turn Off All Compassion Ye Who Enter Here" chapter in the "Proper Mongering Management Manual".

Allowing a bit of humanity to show thru can be very dangerous indeed, you might even be accused of being a nice guy.

On the subject of International Slavery day which marks the 200th anniversary of the end of the slave trade, there was an article in the Post about the president of Ghana demanding that Tony Blair's Government pay to repatriate victims of the slave trade.

I'm not sure how many of the original victims are still around after 200 years. Anyway if a white guy were to suggest that we repatriate he'd be charged under the racism laws.

Can you imagine going round the black areas of Britain?

"C'mon now sunshine we're sending you back to Ghana because their president says we have to."

Cheers

> PS....are you going back for a repeat tonight ?

Well, no, for many reasons. Primarily because P4P episodes happen about once every blue moon for me, and secondly because I'm a considerable distance away at the moment.

If anyone wants to marry her though, PM me and I'll pass on the E-bay link where you can enter a bid. :p

I don't really feel guilt at the moment, I mean rationally how many guys have sex with girls without knowing what the latest or most immediate circumstance was that led to her being there, and one must assume there's some pretty good and urgent reasons out there. And besides, would you have second thoughts getting a haircut if you knew your hairdresser desperately needed money for something.. You'd say come on, get on with it, do your job, get paid, participate in the economy to the fullest.

Interesting story. But can't *WAIT* to see Old Hippie's thoughts on this!!

What a great post - such a nice change from naming a bar thats already named or who has the biggest e-penis~

...or from naming the bar that cannot be named...

a most excellent post indeed and, though it lacks whips, a fitting tribute to International Slave Day :applause: .

(and of course none of these people who blame a centuries-old practice for all their present-day woes mention the role of arabs in slavery, or indeed the continued use of slaves in the middle east and north-east africa)

This is a good example of how humanity can shine through even in the P4P scene, especially in Thailand. And the best part is that I don't think either party was scaming the other here. Pretty much a straight up human experience. This is the stuff the "moral right" will never understand about this scene.

Well written too.

Archived