1000B Barfine at Happy a go-go (Pattaya)?

Ranger

G'day Ranger,

are you sure you weren't in Suk Soi 33? laugh.gif" border="0

Sounds like BS to me, just like the BFs in Soi 33 which I've never paid.... (meet them in the 7-11 or Villa)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by NokTang:

Careful, that sort of comment will result in personal attacks of you by management and patrons.

Hi NokTang,

Andy, the owner of Misty's, is a very good friend of mine. I have given him crap about this insignificant 100 B difference. The bottom line: he doesn't give a shit whether you BF one of his turdlings or not. In Misty's I think the dancers are more like a bowl of peanuts or something - just there, but not an integral part of the bar. It is really a corner gogo DRINKING bar if you will. Plenty of regular customers and Andy has told me he doesn't care much if he gets the tourist trade.

One wonders why he just doesn't buy a beer bar instead?

Anyway, like you, I will stay away from this bar in the future.

It is really a corner gogo DRINKING bar if you will. Plenty of regular customers and Andy has told me he doesn't care much if he gets the tourist trade.

Yes, much like "Roadhouse" in Angeles, a drinking bar with girls being a secondary consideration. They will resort to personal attacks as I mentioned if you even hint this is not for you. It is about making friends and impressing the owner and manager,not finding a girl. If you are in town to find a girl, you are labeled fucked up and out of touch. Different strokes for different folks.

cheers,

Nok

My first bar fine was 300 baht in 1990. Seems the good days are over for us, but where will that lead the gogo's? At such prices i will go for a drink and the "ambiance" in a gogo, pay my beer and walk over to a beer bar or look for a freelancer.

Good luck to them (bar owners and staff)

Some beerbars around soi6 and 7 still only charge 100-300 baht barfine.

A CHEAPCHARLIE friend of mine reckons you can live on 1000 baht perday excl hotel and food requirements.

150 barfine

400-500 tip for girl

350-450 daily drinking budget

I would prefer to spend freely, have nice looking girls with a good spirit and have a fantasy holiday if you know what I mean.

quote:

Originally posted by asiahand:

Some beerbars around soi6 and 7 still only charge 100-300 baht barfine.

A CHEAPCHARLIE friend of mine reckons you can live on 1000 baht perday excl hotel and food requirements.

150 barfine

400-500 tip for girl

350-450 daily drinking budget

I would prefer to spend freely, have nice looking girls with a good spirit and have a fantasy holiday if you know what I mean.

yes, we know....

I don't frequent go-go's so I can't speak directly to this. But I did help do a translation for a barfine policy at a karaoke club in Chiang Mai. Barfines were 500 ST (up to 4 hours), 1000 LT. If you don't like the policy, complain to the management and let them know they've lost your business, and go somewhere else.

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

I took a girl from Happy a go-go in Pattaya .... She said that before 11pm the barfine was 1000B and I would need to call her or call the mamasan and say that I barfined her the night before and was coming back to take her again tonight and then it would be the regular 500B. ....

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by NokTang:

Keep in mind, Pattaya is not realy a "gogo" place for many, including myself. I go for the beer bars and freelance action. I've never liked the Gogo scene there as so tourist oriented. Much prefer Nana Plaza(before recent explosion in prices) and Soi Cowboy. regards,

Nok

Yeah, the go-go's in pattaya suck compared to cowboy or nana. But I don't care, that's not my focus and I love pattaya. Sounds like the pattaya go-gos are going for the passing through real quick tourists. Maybe those boat loads of japanese and koreans that show up on the pier every night. Or maybe their just trying to raise prices because business is slow. Typical thai business thinking. 1000B paid to the house is just too much IMHO.

Archived