1000B Barfine at Happy a go-go (Pattaya)?

Ranger

I encountered this in Pattaya as well, back in May. I was at the Classroom a-gogo, and wanted to take one out, and was told I should wait 30 minutes to avoid a double barfine. The mamasan explained that before 11pm, the girls can only short time, either upstairs, or outside, but they must come back within 3 hours. After 11pm, they are free to go all night for 500 bht barfine. I agree this is bullshit, and I hope not an indication of things to come. I would encourage everyone to boycott this type of thing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

I took one of the show girls from Happy about a month ago, 600 baht barfine and mamasan told her she could be out a maximum of 2 hours.

Wont do that again...

That jogged my memory, the girl did also say that you could pay the 500B BF before 11pm, but then she would have to return within 2 hours.

No thank you very much.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

That jogged my memory, the girl did also say that you could pay the 500B BF before 11pm, but then she would have to return within 2 hours.

No thank you very much.

Ranger

Yeah, happened to me too, at a Pattayaland gogo but I can't remember which one. I don't mean the 1000 baht barfine but the bar in question was having a Mexican theme night and a girl I was interested in said that no girls could be barfined before 11 pm because of the party. The barfine would have been the standard 500 baht but I asked her to bring mamasan over for me to talk to and even when I said explicitly I wanted to pay bar now but would not wait till 11 mamasan still said no, not possible. I went elsewhere, and although I can't remember the name of the bar I know where it is and I won't be back with attitudes like that from the management. I find myself taking beer bar girls more often now, no such hassles there.

Ranger,

Happy a go go seems to make up the rules as they go along.

About a year ago I got this story:

I was told if you take a dancer who performs in a show it would be 1,000 B - 600 B for the others. So, naturally, the lady who was with me was 'in a show.' Surprise! So, was her friend, the lady sitting next to her, and just about every damn lady in the place.

Staying around a bit as I was still interested in this lady, I discovered they had a show where most of the dancers stripped, hence, all were 'showgirls' and barfinable at 1,000 B. I left.

By the way, another joke is that Misty's on Soi Pattayaland 2 well-known for its stable of turdlings has the nerve to charge 600 B for a barfine.

This 'Short time onnly before 11pm' started a while ago in Bubbles, I'd say about 2 years ago when Steve was the boss and the place was popular.

Seems like it's caught on in all the other bars though I've never experienced it in Classroom and I take a girl out from there regularly.

Maybe only if they have a 'special night' which are the nights I don't go.

By the way, another joke is that Misty's on Soi Pattayaland 2 well-known for its stable of turdlings has the nerve to charge 600 B for a barfine.

Careful, that sort of comment will result in personal attacks of you by management and patrons. They feel 600baht is only 100baht("a couple bucks") more and you are being a cheap mother fucker for even bringing the topic to a message board. It is all about you and not the price gougeing. If you don't like it make like a tree and leave and fuck off along the way. (so, naturally I don't go near the place or even like that Soi)

regards,

Nok

To Ranger,

I didn't have the time to read all posts in this thread but the 1000 bf before 11.00 PM is very common right now it seems.They wanted to quote me this in many gogo's last days.

Well if most the gogo's are starting to charge 1000 baht bar fine, then in IMHO we just start boycotting pattaya and sooner or later the bar fine will be lower as there won't that many customers. This is just my opinion.

Keep in mind, Pattaya is not realy a "gogo" place for many, including myself. I go for the beer bars and freelance action. I've never liked the Gogo scene there as so tourist oriented. Much prefer Nana Plaza(before recent explosion in prices) and Soi Cowboy. Patpong? no thanks either, perhaps I am just a hard ass but I'll stick with GoGo bars which have more down home atmosphere and resonable prices and good attitudes.

regards,

Nok

Archived