SWIFT transfers to BKK

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still in limbo waiting for it to clear, it was sent last thursday, not there today(tuesday), maybe tomorrow .. :hmmm:

The other element of this story I did'nt explain was that intially I'd spoken with the London Branch of Bangkok Bank and they'd told me that I needed to trasfer the money to that branch and then they'd send it internationally for a fee of £65, muggings here was going along with this. When I went to my own UK bank they queried the transfer and said there was no need, etc and the fee is only £20 for direct transfer from my UK account to a Bangkok account. MY UK bank assistant took the SWIFT code from the rep in London bangkok bank and commented on her surly attitude.

I'm not shifting a significantly large amount, only £5k, but I don't like not being in control of the process and anything involving thai beaurocracy is unpredictable..

Lets wait and see.

JP

It will eventually get there...But we have a holiday on friday so be surprise to see it this week...

My experience has been that the range has been too varied to have much confidence in "when to expect" other than it will come in spite of not having a good system in place...

CB

• 3 weeks later...
U should get the incoming TT rate, which corresponds to the onshore rate. Done a couple of swifts since the currency control issue and no supplier complained they got less than expected so far.

here's a link where to get the incoming TT rate for BKKBK

http://www.bbl.co.th/Bangkok+Bank/Web+Services/Rates/FX+Rates.htm

Doesn;t make sense. The incoming TT rate shows 28.84baht for 1 AUD on the 20th April rates table.

However the currency exchange rate today is 27.15baht for 1 AUD.

I don't follow, care to explain please??

When in Bangkok, I will fax my bank the amount I want transferred. I send the fax before 2:00 AM. Bangkok time. After faxing the particulars, then I go to sleep. When I awake, the money is in my Bangkok account.

What I have noticed that slows things down are:

1. The person in the USA not familiar with International wire transfers. I send the fax attention to the person who knows about my account, etc.

2. I get the info to the bank early. The dead line for that same day wire transfer is 1:00 PM.

Archived