YouTube incident becomes Internet crusade

elef

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there was quite a backlash against Google when they agreed to offer their search engine with censorship enabled to the PRC.

And as for the sentence handed down... Well it was just more newsrthy as it involved alcholol, graffiti, a European and a cultural belief that Western audiences find strange. If they had arrested a Thai I doubt many people would have cared.

I don't think Thailand is being treated that harshly.

Maybe you try to make a video presenting Jesus as a whoremonger and his mother as a prostitute with some incestuous relation between the two and see how long time before you're removed from YouTube. Those are actually 2 persons there're no evidence that they ever existed.

Actually not, the source they always mention is Josephus but he was a jewish traitor working for the romans and made his money by writing about Jesus.

The second is Suetonius and he and the romans believed that Vespasianus and his son Titus were the 2 persons who should rule over the world, as they're in Palestine year 70, and Vespasianus was made emporer while there. Destroying Jerusalem as the jews had revolted against the romasn.

Before we get a discussion about the existence of Jesus, just want to mention my statement comes from Bertrand Russel and nobody could ever show that he was wrong.

Would it more acceptable for YouTube and google if Jesus was dressed as a clown or a monkey, or even if his mother was. If so it's IMO OK to hurt those who regard the thai king more or less as a living god. But if it's not acceptable to post videos about Jesus or Maria (Mary) they have one standard for their home audience and an other for lower standing peoples and cultures, of course not for China as they're so powerful. Or???

"Maybe you try to make a video presenting Jesus as a whoremonger and his mother as a prostitute with some incestuous relation between the two and see how long time before you're removed from YouTube."

I'd actually be curious to know the answer, anyone up to put such a clip together?? Wouldn't be surprised in they already had some in the same vein though.

Interesting point with this "U Tube" issue is one is eventually entitled to read criticism of HM in the thai newspapers. Altough it's only reporting of what other says, U can read criticism of the lese majeste laws in The Nation and The Bangkok Post, perhaps also in the thai language papers?

I just typed "fuck jesus" in the youtube search engine anq quite a few vids are coming up. the following beeing the only one I cared to look at for a while:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itpK_-Uttxk

I doubt if you type a similar sentence using proeminent thai figures you'd get as many interesting links although I would never dare to type that much out of respect for that admirable thai culture.

Archived