YouTube incident becomes Internet crusade

elef

Like said in another post, just because it was written in a newspaper it doesn't mean it is okay. It is not our logic that decides if a site gets banned or not. If someone is interested in this topic he knows the URLs and where to find the informations. I am totally in shock that these postings here doesn't stop. Not sure if the author of the post above has read the part about modern communications, I guess not, otherwise he wouldn't have posted it. Not a good idea for someone who is in charge of the banning to read his own name i guess. A newspaper can write these things because nobody can afford to loose the media support. This side is like a little fish in the big sea. So would you guys start using your heads and refrain from posting about this topic??? What is the possible advantage to post about it here?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps so many can learn there is not just funky gogo's in Pattaya, but also a very real serious side to Thailand that concerns many.

When KS pulls the thread then we'll stop talking, until then lets have a little smart freedom and leave the choices on what's posted to the man who when I last looked owned this site~

Thai News, most of us Expats probably know the story , but for those who don't here is another example of dual policy

The CNS Case (Council for National Security) 12 Million Baht PR contract to a family member of the committee, justification is

Gen Somjet Boonthanom, the CNS's budget and secretariat chief, said the 12-million-baht budget was ''normal'' and was meant to enable the CNS to inform the public of what it was doing. ''The 12-million-baht budget is not much compared to the budgets for populist projects of the past government, which spent huge amounts on public relations,'' he said.

An interesting snippet from the article was the comment

Maj-Gen Jirachai's letter described the team's six-month plan to use third parties including local and international media networks, both publicly and secretly, to discredit the opposition to the CNS, including Mr Thaksin and his associates.

It said the team would engineer attacks focused on the adverse impacts of Mr Thaksin's economic policies, international condemnation of the Thaksin government for human rights violations, and a TV series on corruption by the Thaksin government. The internet is another tool mentioned. Staff of the team are posting texts critical of the Thaksin government on popular websites.

OK I will Shut up now, I have only quoted what is printed in the press Source to have an opinion about this would be deemed as against the interests of National Security.

Interesting comment from a Malaysian board:

"It is okay for a YouTube contributor to express his creativity and right of free speech by superimposing feet on King .........'s face, but see if they maintain that stand when one submits a doctored video of presidential candidate Obama or any black person wearing chains being sold in a 19th century slave market."

Archived