Iraq was all over oil!

Flashermac

The US embassy in Phnom Penh is also very big with over 500 employees.

Yes, interesting isn't it. Considering that Cambodia is a small country of possibly 9-10 million people. What on earth could the US be thinking, spending all that money and wasting resources in a backward third world country? :confused: Do they really need so many people to administer international trade negotiations?

I don't suppose it's anything to do with fostering a new ally in the war on terror and having a handy, no rules, bolthole to carry out extraordinary rendtions to? :question: Or maybe to act as a bulwark against communist Vietnam? :question: Or maybe to be closer to big buddy China? :shocked: Or maybe to keep an eye on things in SE Asia in general? :smirk: But then why do they need so many guys in Bangkok? :confused: Perhaps they're all just involved in humanitarian assistance programmes? Yeah, that's it. Sending mormons out into the slums to change these people into reactionary fuckwits who will pray to Jesus instead of Allah. :o

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>the threat of it being held back, causing shortages.<

& the benevolent god fearing Americans are above with holding of resources.

see:

Cuba for 50 years

N Korea for 50 years

Iraq for 15 years

Christians that with hold medical supplies to sick children will definitely with hold energy from cold "Kyoto signers" ..

Sending mormons out into the slums to change these people into reactionary fuckwits who will pray to Jesus instead of Allah.

This should not be a very difficult task. All they have to do is to convince a bunch of reactionary fuckwits to alter the name of their god. Nothing else needs to change.

Wow, did you perhaps get turned down for a Foreign Service job with the State Dept or something?

:beer:

I think with my home location being the UK they wouldn't touch me with a shitty stick. I may be wrong though.

Actually they've also just imported the Peace Corps into Cambodia in a biggish way. So any young septics out there fancy a bit of fannying around in mine infested jungle for a couple of years then sign on the dotted line. :cool:

I think they're here. Along with Oxfam. Oxfam have got a shop as well! Which obviously makes a difference to the Cambodian poor people.

Funny thing, just walked past a Cafe/Craft shop on the front, Sisowath Quay, and they've got a sign hanging up outside "No Sex Tourists." I mean, are they gonna ask a mixed race couple if they're an item/engaged/married or if she's Barang/Cambodian/ANOther Asian Nationality? Fucking jokers NGOs. I'm sure some do good but to me all they seem to do is live in the nice part of town, swan around in ginormous 4x4s (you wanna see all the 4x4s parked up outside the UN Security detachment) and then go and get pissed in the same bars as mongers!

Fucking jokers NGOs. I'm sure some do good but to me all they seem to do is live in the nice part of town, swan around in ginormous 4x4s (you wanna see all the 4x4s parked up outside the UN Security detachment) and then go and get pissed in the same bars as mongers!

Don't get me started :cussing::cussing::cussing: In one particular area in LOS they not only have the latest 4x4 but personal drivers as well.

NGO's.................for the career minded. :cussing::cussing::cussing:

Archived