BKK-Guangzhou

kojis

There are lounges in the HUGE G'zhou airport, which I was told is the largest airport in China.

Star Alliance.

My gold card does pretty much squat in China as the check in lines get swamped with any ol' passenger and the airline counter people do nothing about it.

So much for flying the friendly skies!

• 2 weeks later...

Well... ended up buying a ticket to HKG and we'll prolly drive to Guangzhou via Shenzhen... than check that CAN airport to fly to Shantou...

Another question though: any idea why TG cancelled F cabin in another one of his BKK-HKG flights?

There's been a lively discussion about the decision on flyertalk and still can't figure out where it made sense. It does mean that if one buys a F tix HKG-europe with TG , ones need to fly the HKG-BKK leg in J he he doesn't want to be stranded in BKK. This might divert quite a few premium flyers from TG on this route.

Not me though as I DO need to fly via BKK but still upsetting I'll have to fly J on this route, whereas the F experience is much better and only a little dearer . Only one F flight per day now :(

BuBi,

U mean taking the boat to Shunde to follow straight to Guangzhou right ?

I actually need to go from HKG to Shenzhen first, where there is a sort of wedding ceremony planned on May 1st, which I might have a hard time avoiding beeing the groom of the night.

Guess I'll catch a cab or bus from HKG airport then. Any advice for the HKG-Shenzhen journey?

In HKG you catch the train til Shenzhen border , leave the train because it stops there and walk over the border . There might be a queue of several million people , though if not peaktime it's ok . The Chinese will try to cheat you in the queue for a better position , always kick them in the ass or start shouting at them pointing your finger backwards . It will help .

After immigration take a cab or even walk into town .

BuBi

Just reading you want tro travel from the airport : there is a speeboat available that goes up Pearl River though I did never use it . Alternatively take the airport train , change station by taxi to the next station that brings you to Shenzhen border . I can 't tell you which of both layouts is the faster one.

Thanks,

Might try the train option , otherwise going to check for taxis, they offer some from Shenzhen with which you might not need to get out of the car at the border ,so should have as well from the airport. I've been through the long immigration lane... messy and no fun... very glad to head back to Shenzhen though.

Archived