sukhumvit safty

quote:

Originally posted by toronto canada:

I will be staying at the Royal Asia Lodge, when i am in LOS at the end of ths month. I was wondering if someone can tell me how safe Skuhumvit was at night?

Do you know that they have a free tuktuk shuttle service which at least saves you walking the length of Soi 8?

LG

• 2 weeks later...

My first night ever in Bangkok, I arrived at the JW Marriott about 1AM. I showered and changed, and hit NEP, just to check it out. On the sidewalk in front of NEP, about halfway to the corner, some Katoey came up to me and grabbed my crotch with one hand and stuck his other hand in the from pocket of my Levis. I managed to stop him as he was about to extract 2000 Baht from my pocket. Other than that one incident, I had no problem in the general area. Sort of like walking around Manhattan NYC very late at night. There are people everywhere, so you'll probably be OK.

Rex wink.gif" border="0

Abbey

I think you really are out of line. It's a reasonable question to ask if you've not been to Thailand before. Most countries red light areas are dangerous with totally unsavoury people around, Thailand is an exception in this way. Make your point but calling him a prick and a cunt is what makes your post totally out of order.

Archived