Thai GF-Friendly Western Countries

Out of curiosity: how difficult (or easy) is it to invite a Thai girlfriend to your country for a "vacation" say for a month?

I gather: USA is a drag, Germany is possible; how about UK, Australia, other European countries, Canada? Thanks.

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Snailster ]

The UK is not impossible, I did it. You do need to have all your ducks in a row so to speak. Paperwork, bank books (hers), etc. I think what clinched it for me was my having to return to Thailand for work, meaning there was no way she would be staying.

On a slightly different note I have spent quite a bit of time down at the UK embassy recently. The visa section often resembles a half decent freelancer hang out. Wonder what the possibilities might be? tongue.gif" border="0

M

Snailster,

The US Embassy would consider a visa if the TG can show that she has traveled to Western countries. Perhaps a few roundtrips to Scandanavia would convince the Embassy that she is worth taking a chance on. It is absolutely amazing how many Thai tourists here in Colorado have overstayed their tourist visas. It really makes it more difficult for the others.

quote:

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

Snailster,

The US Embassy would consider a visa if the TG can show that she has traveled to Western countries. Perhaps a few roundtrips to Scandanavia would convince the Embassy that she is worth taking a chance on. It is absolutely amazing how many Thai tourists here in Colorado have overstayed their tourist visas. It really makes it more difficult for the others.

Good point Jaybloom. All of this shows up in statistics which result in profiling. The resulting profiles make the rules tougher as dictated by the INS and adhered to by the Department of State.

I agree that having a few visa stamps from other countries, not only Western, but places like Australia and tough SE Asia destinations, would be looked upon favorably. But, unfortunately, not if the applicant has worked in the 'entertainment' business. Again, profiles and the number of runners who did not return make it tough to even consider such applicants.

Archived