Airport to Pattaya

jonjon058

I'll be flying into Bangkok around 8pm on a weekday. What is the best way to get from the airport to Pattaya? I am looking for something not too expensive or too much hassle. There is another friend going as well so we can split the cost. I get in around 8:30pm and I'd like to get to Pattaya with time enough to hit the bars. Do they have 2am closing time like Bangkok?

Just go to the public taxi desk.

(Not the "pre-paid taxis / limousines" in the arrivals hall - they'll rip you off).

Follow the signs to public taxis. (Was in the basement but was going to move, not sure if it has yet, as each time I fly in I go up to departures and get one from there).

Get a pre-paid public taxi for 1200 B plus tolls.

Or... even simpler... go up to departures level and get one dropping someone off. Should be able to get one at departures for 1200B incl. tolls.

Cheap if splitting it with friend.

Moo Noi, please go into the corner ad feel ashamed for giving bad advice (i sent you a dread lock girl later to cheer you up)

I didn't know it was 1200b for a taxi, that is indeed ridiculous because that is EXACTLY the amount I pay for a Limousine! They ask for 1500 and I tell them 1000, of course we meet in the middle!

JJ

try to get a limo deal for 1200 and if it doesn't work grab a taxi! Both will bring you into your hotel within 90 minutes!

And talking about bad advice, be careful if you are picking up a taxi from the depatures as its very much frowned on.

By whom? I've never caught a taxi from anywhere else other than departures and never had a single problem. This goes for Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi.

Only thing close to a problem was a cop at DM once"asked" the taxi driver for 50 baht departure fee, which I reimbursed him for at the end of the trip. Still beat waiting in the line downstairs.

I also *ALWAYS* get a taxi at the departure level. Make a driver happy who's getting an immediate ride back into town, avoid the queues downstairs, and it's generally just cooler to be on your way while the noob's are queueing up downstairs and SILL get ripped off.

It's a good thing they don't allow taxis to wait around at departures though, that gets rid of the bad apples.

And for going to Pattaya I use the excellent Bell Travel bus (Roon Ruang Co.). Can't beat the price & service! (The original poster may be arriving a bit late for that one though, email them and ask at rrc_bus -AT- hotmail.com

Archived