Thai girl sleeps through car theft

soiarrai

Deutsche Presse-Agentur Apr 26, 2007, 3:51 GMT

Bangkok - A 6-year-old Thai girl slept through a six-hour car theft attempt and dramatic chase by vigilante Bangkok taxis in the backseat of the vehicle, owned by her policeman father, media reports said.

Police Sergeant Akradej Makasen, 35, had left his daughter Namfon in the back seat of his pickup truck, parked at the Lat Krabang police station when it was stolen Tuesday night around 9 pm.

Realizing that he had lost both his truck and his daughter, Akradej sent out a public alert on radio stations describing the stolen vehicle which was eventually spotted by a taxi driver in Nonthaburi, a Bangkok suburb, at 3 am Wednesday.

Scores of taxis joined in a chase of the stolen vehicle and eventually surrounded it, preventing the thief, 25-year-old Tewa Bansaet, from fleeing the scene, the Thai Rath newspaper reported.

When the police arrived and arrested Tewa they found Namfon still sleeping in the back seat, despite all the hubbub.

'I can't say how glad I am to have my car and child back,' said Akradej. 'I will never leave her in the car again.'

The repentant dad explained that he had often left his daughter in the back seat of his pickup with the air-conditioning on to allow her to get some sleep while her mother sold food near the Lat Krabang police station to supplement his meagre policeman's salary.

.....'I can't say how glad I am to have my car and child back,' said Akradej. 'I will never leave her in the car again.'....

Notice that he mentioned his car first! A real father wouldn't give a fuck about his car, just his child. But Thais do put a lot of importance on their car. :shakehead

The repentant dad explained that he had often left his daughter in the back seat of his pickup with the air-conditioning on to allow her to get some sleep while her mother sold food near the Lat Krabang police station to supplement his meagre policeman's salary.

Obviously not a traffic cop. Maybe he needs to pinch a few more smoking tourists.

Well LP since we are so accountable and up standing citizens in the UK I must agree.

The parents need to work so hence the kid stays in the car, not ideal in fact dangerous but needs must no social or social workers for the thais to sponge off.

Lets lock the father up and watch the kid starve. :confused:

Archived