Famous Quotes

David99UK

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Wallace: I AM William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?

Soldier: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

William Wallace, around the end of the 13th century, shortly before the Scots stuffed the English at the Battle of Stirling. :grin:

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a ... it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago" - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!" - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

"We are not ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

Archived