The end of the GOP?

Flashermac

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maggie was a ray-gun militant .. blindly supporting the last great republican empire builder.

if toni is a poodle was maggie a shi-itzu

ray-gun being a great prez is one of the scariest concepts in amerikan lore.

billary is simply an electorate d!ck sucker.

"President Bush fell off of his bike, wound up with cuts and bruises on his chin, his nose and on his upper lip â?? or as the secret service calls it, ... Condition Hillary." - Craig Kilborn

Bill Clinton was walking around Arkansas with a pair of women's panties hung over his arm.

When asked why, he replied "I'm on the patch."

Everyone has a different view of Reagan. I do disagree with some Republicans who want to practically deify the man. He is credited with 'ending Communism' and for allegedly doing that they want to canonize him and put him on Mt. Rushmore. And he's credited with ending the recession. I'm not saying Reagan wasn't effective but I wouldn't put him amongst the best. I'll tackle the ending communism thing first. The wall came down under Bush41 technically but to say Reagan ended it is unfair to every president since Truman who worked tiredlessly to end it. As well as our allies like England, etc. Also, the USSR imploded and was on the verge of it for a while. There were reports of breadlines going back to the early 70s also, I think what did in the USSR wasn't Reagan's defense spending but Afghanistan. The USSR had not had a major war since WW2. They went into Afghanistan around '80 in full force and ended spending untold billions of rubles for almost a decade. Bogged down, having to feed a couple hundred thousand soldiers drained the already fragile economy. It was their 'Vietnam' and Reagan just happened to be president while it was going on. As for ending the recession, the worst of happened in '82 while he was president for a couple years (elected in '80). I don't give much credit or fault to presidents when it comes to the economy. They can make end or prolong good or bad times through policies but the american economy is way too big for one man who has to have everything approved by a legislature to arbitrarily end a recession. The american economy has risen due to one thing and one thing only, the american people themselves. If you want to give Reagan credit for the '80s economy then you have to give Clinton more for the '90s and you'd have to give Dubya credit for the economy bouncing back from where it was when he took office. The stock market and ecomomic indicators are up even with gas prices at all time highs. I give him no more credit than Clinton or Reagan. ALL economies go in cycles and the american economy always has and trended up for a couple hundred years now. Its bigger than any one american president..who is limited in power and scope.

Okay, speech over.

to me iran contra defines the Ray-guns era.

how many of ray-gun's administration went to jail?

how many in the Nixon admin went to jail?

how many in the shrub admin are going to jail?

ray-guns was involved smuggling coke to LA while Nancy was just saying NO.

scum bag lying pseudo-christian piece of dog ..

how many republicans have gone to jail since nixon?

how many dims?

is it that 'christians' are amoral or is that conservatives are criminal?

choc, you contend to be independant .. your postings indicate a hard right leaning.

"stock market and ecomomic indicators"

this is common republican propaganda ..

the globalized corporation's stock has nothing to do with the american economy ..

the stock market has little to do with economic indicators.

shut down american operations & lay off 50k & the companies stock goes up.

guy loses a $20.qh job & gets a $8qh job .. unemployment is down.

choc, you contend to be independant .. your postings indicate a hard right leaning.

foreigner, I have a feeling just about anyone is to the right of you ideologically. :smirk:

You obviously ignored my diatribe about Reagan not being a great president and my defense of Clinton in his impeachment and my calls for a 3rd party. So, yes you're right, I am hard right when compared to you ideologically.

One thing I don't think Clinton got enough credit for was also working to try to end the 'troubles' as the Irish call it. Reagan and JFK were of Irish descent and didn't go near that. Republicans took up a lot of his time with that civil lawsuit and impeachment. He was slick willie but he was also very intelligent and seemed to have a good grasp on foreign affairs.

Archived