The end of the GOP?

Flashermac

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just doing God's work . . .

Diamonds are Robertson's best friendThirty-five years ago, Pat Robertson founded the Christian Broadcasting Network ... Not only does Robertson profit handsomely off of his tidy diamond-mining ...

www.sullivan-county.com/news/pat_quotes/diamonds.html - 12k

I understand your point but at risk of getting accused of being PC I would like to make a distinction between the Pat Robertson, fundamentalist, rapture type Christians and a lot of ordinary decent folk who just like going to church on Sunday. I extend the same courtesy to Muslims who just like going to the mosque on Friday.

Ya know Chuckie, I used to think that way about the Xtians & the Muslims. But the moderates of both groups are a part of the problem too. I am so sick of hearing people complain about atheists standing up for their rights to not have the government impose someone else's religious and scientific hokum on them and their children. If moderates want to stop having to listen to atheists complain, then they should get off their asses and take their religion back. And if they are not willing to do that, then stand back and we will handle it.

Cheers,

SD

I'm basically a leave me alone and I'll leave you alone kind of guy. I just discovered my neighbours of seven years, we shared tools, helped each other a lot, are devout Methodists. I've got no problems with Christians like that. The Pat Robertson kind make me sick but you're right...somebody has to stand up to them.

CS,

A question for you. Do you think the Dems can win if Hillary is the nominee? Personally I don't and think she will hurt their chances. Obama? I dunno. From what I saw of the guy while back in the states four months he was like a broken record, saying the same thing over and over, but he is new at this and may grow into the job. But, yeah, the Dems, especially both Hillary and Obama are raking in the donations right now. I just wish the Dems had someone else to put out there for us to vote on. Hillary has low 'lieability' ratings, and Obama is a virtual unknown. He has appeal, but he has no experience and no history one can see.

JMHO.

Cent

my usage of "Christians" refers to 21st century christians, which are not presbyterian or lutheran

.. they are born again nut cases in gods army.

perhaps I should separate social circle bake sale religions from god's army.

IMHO, bake sale religions are far more christian in their actions than god's army.

born agains are a scary bunch, sure of their exclusive fate at gods hand .. hopefully, they get to s"ck his d!@& for perpetuity.

evangelical / born agains are authorized by god to kill &/or destroy all other forms of life to achieve their biblical mandate .. they must fulfil this biblical mandate to achieve the ever lasting.

& Hasidic Jews are near moderate compared to the most radical of god's chosen ones.

The are some fanatical religious nut cases determining the fate of all persons on this physical earth via mystical beliefs / spiritual communication

spiritual beliefs that supersede objective findings.

bush talked to god before this war .. so, no matter what happens it is ok because god deamed & directed it .. or at least that's what she told george.

talk to god & you prey

god talks to you & you have schizophrenia.

to me Obama's refusing corporate or PAC money is the best news of the campaign

perhaps he has integrity & IMHO, he is a polished speaker w/ charisma.

a black who attended a muslim school .. these are not big electoral pluses.

or a woman hated by 48% of the country.

i like biden.

edwards is way to pretty .. I will not vote for someone who gets $400 hair cuts.. gotta be gay ..

krusenic (sp) is a vegan & way to elf like ..

"to me Obama's refusing corporate or PAC money is the best news of the campaign"

Really? I hadn't heard that? I was back for four months, and now I am in the LOS I don't follow it much. Good on him. I did find him charismatic. Although he seemed at that time to be highly repetitive in his speeches I saw, and, he said nice things I wanted to hear, but had little substance as to how he would do what he says he would. He seems smart and he also seems to have some balls as well, which I like a pol to have (don't say it OH!), some principles and the ability to stand up like a man and stick to his guns and admit and apologize for his mistakes, rather than a wishy washy pol going always by the polls. But he seemed very inexperienced, although that may actually play in his favor. People like an outsider who isn't tainted by the pols they hate already. The only positive I see from Hillary is the possibility she will give us national healthcare. Otherwise she does nothing for me as a voter. She's an insider, riding the coattails of her husband's popularity, wishy washy and watching her polls way too closely, and she is very divisive and unpopular to pin our hopes on. I really hope she does not win the nomination. And please, let us all pray that that asshole Mormon, Mitt 'the shit' Romney, who was the Republican governor of Massachusetts, never gets in!

Cent

Tis true. I am liking Obama more and more. My guys (Wes Clark and Russ Feingold) do not seem to be throwing hats into the ring, so I guess I am an Obama supporter now.

Besides, one look at Halle and I'm in love and will vote for whomever she wants LOL! :clown: Not really, but she IS hot...

Cheers,

SD

Archived