10 dumbest resume (CV) blunders

cavanami

I like looking at their school transcripts, what a laugh!

The 1st year all of their scores are 1.0 - 1.5 GPA. Then by year 4 they have a 2.5 GPA but none of it in Math (we are an engineering company looking for engineers) but they have a 4.0 in English and their CV has typos all over it. I have never seen a graduate from any university here with a decent GPA in any of the sciences.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< The 1st year all of their scores are 1.0 - 1.5 GPA. >>

Wonder where they studied. At a government uni a student's marks have to be above 2.0, or the student gets put on probation. Failure to bring the GPA up to at least 2.0 by the next semester means automatic dismal. I've seen it happen - to intelligent but lazy students.

Now at the private unies, God knows what goes on. With the exception of Assumption, I'd say just showing up in class once in a while gets at least a C. I know some English major grads of a certain private uni who cannot even carry on a simple conversation in English.

--Ever including your picture.

--20 years out of school and listing your extremely low GPA.

--Listing your job experience in random order (or at least it seemed that way).

--On your cover letter saying you are sure you would be a great addition to the Acme Company when you are sending you resume to the Omega Company.

Had an candidate once, who wanted (in the 80s) to fax his application to us, and I told him on the phone, to do it confidentially (meaning, calling my ofice up, when he was going to send it, so one of my PAs could go over to the faxmachine to pick it up at once). :shhh:

What we got was a fax of a closed envelope ( in which this dumbass had put his CV to make it confidential)!!!! :banghead::doah:

Trouble is, this dumbass is my boss nowadays! :cussing:

MaW

We had two wankers here where I work both apply for a higher positions (neither were qualified for) they were buddies so they got together and formulated a fantastic resume to suit the position to a tee :deal: . Only problem was the cut and pasted the same exact text on BOTH their resumes and applied. We fired both of them!!!!

:stupid::wanker::monkey:

The biggest problem is the promotion of people who are good at their current job without asking yourself whether they would be any good at the job applied for. The Peter Principle I understand.

Japan also uses the Dilbert Principle to get rid of people who are bloody useless.

Archived