The 65 Million $ Pair Of Pants

Steve

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/oddities/story.html?id=de220eaf-e00f-46b8-9266-302968cc4d7f&k=23116

The Chungs, immigrants from South Korea, realized their American dream when they opened their dry-cleaning business seven years ago in the nation's capital. For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair of missing pants

I am glad you put this on Steve , is this just a black lawyer that hates Koreans,

or would he have done this to anyone ?

And some places its says he is a lawyer and other places a judge....

The Koreans offered him $12,000 and he refused,

I personally hopes he goes to court, the judge tells him he is an idiot, he yells at the judge and gets contempt of court thrown at him....

Just shows you how wrong our legal system has gone ,

it will be a sad day if the guy gets a dime !

OC

don't know if he was black as I couldn't tell from the article but if he's in DC, its a good chance I guess. Whatever race he is, its just a sad misuse of the laws. Being a judge he knows the laws well and his intention is obvious. He wants his pound of flesh and he wants them out of business. I hope someone there puts his name out to all the media and they put pressure on him. Its sad really. I hope there is some way for this judge to lose his job. Anyone who is that petty shouldn't be hearing cases brought before the court. He should be in the defendents seat for shit like this.

THey showed him on TV last night and he was black,

not that it has anything to do with the full story , but I know there have been problems with Korean shop owners and blacks in LA.

I hope he gets nailed , you would think that a DC judge would have thrown this out a long time ago,

I have very little confidance in the American court system anyway , this just makes it look worse

OC

Definitely lots of animosity between both 'communities'. In my humble opinion a lack of understanding by both groups of the other. I've seen some Korean owners make the effort. The Koreans are usually in some of the worst neighborhood as well which can't be easy.

This guy however, just seems a plain asshole. I think if the guy had been any thing: korean, black or whatever he'd make a 'federal case' no pun intended out of it. I would guess this is not the first time he's taken something to the extreme, this one probably just took on a life of its own over previous ones is my guess. To take it this far, he has to be just a plain petty, ass who likes to abuse his power and knowledge. Deserves to be off the bench.

If it was the other way around (same races but the store owner black & lawyer korean) it would have gotten way more press admittedly.

Talk about taking a grudge too far though?!! This guy takes the cake.

Archived