Base Salary- Cowboy

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Just curious if anyone can please tell me what a bar girl gets paid from her bar if she is working on Soi Cowboy? I heard 3,000 Baht, but that she will get more from her bar if she goes with customers. This is kind of peculiar according to what I think I know, for example, on Patpong, I was told she'll get 6,000 per month (King's Group), and whatever money she gets for sex is strictly between her and the customer. Then again, King's Group (according to Stickman and according to my personal experience) sets prices at 2,000 ST and 4,000 LT- but why should they care, when the commercial sex deal is strictly between her and him?

Can anyone help me put this puzzle together? crazy.gif" border="0TIA

I don't know much about the Cowboygogo's (only that the basic-salaries are amongst the lowest in the gogoscene) but about Patpong: this is what a Ponggirl from a Kingsgroupgogo told me last month:

Kingsgroupgogo's have two kind of girls

1. Girls who don't take salary;they are free to work whenever they want and because they don't get salary,they live from customersfees.

2. Salarygirls; they get salary but have only a few days per month off.

When a new girl starts to work as a salarygirl, the bar arranges everything during this period: a customer has to pay the barfine AND customersfee of 2000 ST and 4000 LT to the bar(this fee is not negotiable).

When the bar gets a complaint about the girl the customer gets his barfine and sometimes also the fee back (it depends on if the complaint is partly justified or totally).

If they get more complaints about the girl they fire her and she won't be able to work again in Patpong (at least not in a Kingsgroupbar).

If a girl succeeds the first 3 months,then she can discuss the fee with the customer herself,so you pay only the barfine to the bar (by the way: I experienced it's always better to discuss the fee with the girl and NOT with the mamasan-not only in Patpong but also in Pattaya) as it saves you a lot of money).

This girl told me a lot more things about her work and if everything what she said is true, then it's really impressive how professional this Kingsgroup runs their bars.

quote:

Originally posted by twoluckyone:

This girl told me a lot more things about her work and if everything what she said is true, then it's really impressive how professional this Kingsgroup runs their bars.

I have vending machines installed in all of the King's Group bars and can verify from my dealings with the general manager that they do have a very well run operation.

From what I can see, as an casual but interested observer, it seems to me that their success is due to their management style and the managing staff in each of the the bars. The mama/papa sans are all pro-active and know exactly what's going on in the bar, with each customer and with each girl, 100% of the time. They know how to work the girls and the customers for maximum efficiency and register receipts. They are numerous and well coordinated and you will never see a King's group customer with an empty glass for more and a few seconds, if that.

I know that the King's Group has weekly meetings of the entire management staff and then individual meetings in each of the bars to implement new policy and improve current procedures. More or less just good business practices and common sense. Everyone who helps to manage the operation does so with a clear focus and a sense of urgency and it all comes from the top.

The whole operation takes a lot of work 12 to 14 hours a day, seven days a week. Without the tireless effort the dozen or so bars and gogo's they own and operate would hardly be as successful as they now are.

Kings Group rip offs are well co-ordinated too. Such as after you have cleared your bill and are leaving some ratbag katoey claims that a lady drink has been bought and the bill hadn't made it to the cup.

I had an issue with a girl in Kings Castle II last week. Negotiated down to 1500ST and paid the 400baht barfine. Back at the room she insisted on payment before the deed. I just gave my best stereotypical Thai blank stare and said "I always ONLY pay after". She held her ground so I just got up and put my clothes back on and that was that.

Oh well, at least I got the chance to take another shower before the deal fell through. Anyway, the next evening I went back to the bar and explained what happened without(and this is very important in Thailand)causing a fuss or being argumentative. After they confirmed the story with the girl they made her pay me the back the 400baht barfine. It was not about the money but the principle. She will think twice about trying to pull this on the next customer that comes along.

One of the most important whoremongering rules is that you pay them to LEAVE (after and only after the business transaction is complete)! If you pay them before you will NOT get good service.

I've never seen a bar that makes you pay them (other than the BF) and I'm not sure of the details at Soi Cowboy. But I know a NEP girl that told me that:

For salary the girl must be there a minimum number of days per month and go with a minimum number of customers per month. If she goes under (no. of customers), they dock her pay. If she goes over, she gets an additional commission of salary. If she works more than them minimum number of days, she makes more salary. I'm sure the amount depends on the bar.

There are also various fines, e.g., for coming in late.

Actually the Kings Group has recently set up a central Customer Service Desk - located at the Tip Top restaurant on PatPong 1 (near Kings 3 and the Kiss bar). I guess if the manager or mamasan at the bar is not helpful you can try here as well.

Anyway a bit of an innovation for the bar scence.

jmc

Archived