Base Salary- Cowboy

Savittre

Actually paying the bar the total amount is the norm in Thai bars, you negotiate the amount with your girl then pay the mamasan the entire amount and take her home. And a friend of mine who did this when we took him out had a great time with a really fun girl, she stayed all day and left to go back to work in the afternoon.

This could be because the thai men make a habit of not paying the girls, trying to cheat them, who knows, but the system works.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed!!! The post went a bit off topic from what I originally posted, but it's been damn interesting reading, for sure!!

I know what I know of the Thai bar scene from the mid Eighties and just this year. At no time did I ever pay the entire amount to the bar. Barfine to the bar. Payment for sex, to the lady.

BTW, Khun Sanuk, where is the Rau lounge? Is it possible it operates under different rules than the usual go-go bars etc., because it's a lounge?

Alfalfa!! Great story!! I'm glad things worked out the way they did- Thailand is a place where they will, evidently, listen to both sides of a story. Also, this makes the King's group look damn good, IMO. I just wish you'd asked the girl for an explanation of why she wanted pay up front (but it's not too difficult to figure....)

Good on Ya!!

Hi,

"BTW, Khun Sanuk, where is the Rau lounge?"

It's on Pattanakarn road, close to the intersection with Sri Nakarin Rd.

"Is it possible it operates under different rules than the usual go-go bars etc., because it's a lounge?"

Likely. It is a lot more like a karaoke bar, than like a GoGo bar.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by jingjoh:

Actually paying the bar the total amount is the norm in Thai bars, you negotiate the amount with your girl then pay the mamasan the entire amount and take her home.

jingjoh,

Exactly which bar was this your friend went to? I have NEVER payed the total amount upfront and would almost NEVER consider doing this unless I absolutely HAD to have her and could not negotiate otherwise.

I don't know which bars you go to but I've been to most of the farang hangouts in Bkk and Pattaya and have never heard about this policy at any of them.

Thanks for your reply, Khun Sanuk! So, from what you've said, what's happening at Rau Lounge could be a whole different situation than what you've got at the Go-Go bar scene.

BTW, would you recommend a visit to the aforementioned Lounge, I'm coming from the viewpoint of 'Never seen anything quite like it, therefore worth a look-see?'

laugh.gif" border="0 Much Sanuk to you!

Hi,

"BTW, would you recommend a visit to the aforementioned Lounge, I'm coming from the viewpoint of 'Never seen anything quite like it, therefore worth a look-see?'"

Yes, I would. Last time I was there (which was about 1.5 years ago) there were a lot of gorgeous women there. All in LT price was ~1,800 Baht I think.

Sanuk!

Thanks for the address of Rau Lounge, Khun Sanuk. I've written it down,and I'll be there, making the usual fool of myself as soon as I can!!! crazy.gif" border="0

Maybe see you there too...

Sanuk!

BTW, I also noted the LT price!!

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

Archived