Police find underage staff at South Pattaya bars

elef

You're a good man, SuaDum, thanks for bothering to explain! Both points well made (licensing problems, and the dangers of both baksheesh deals and hubris).

As to who "started the shit in this thread" about licensing problems in bars, I believe it was Assistant District Police Chief Pongsasit Pitajinan.

cheers,

YimSiam :D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This licensing shit" maybe be a way of tightening the noose a bit on the foreign criminal elements that might be investing in the bars. In the U.S., some serious background checks are done prior to issuing club and gambling licenses.

HH

No Bagsheesh SD, I might be living here only for 14 months but my business partner runs bars for 6 years in this city and he knows everyone OFFICIAL, and some of them even come on a very regular basis to one his bars! Even without his help it wouldn't have been a big problem! Things are not so tight here, which is no wonder since the BKK is the capital and Pattaya ... uhm how do I put that... is Pattaya. :)

..and some reasons why this is would just be silly to post here on an open web board!

Archived