Police find underage staff at South Pattaya bars

elef

Okay, I should admit that I'm the one who's been writing complaints to the police about unlicensed bars and underage staff in South Pattaya. It just irritates the hell out of me: I sit down for a drink, and then I realise: hey, this isn't a normal bar, it's unlicensed! And it's gay! and the boys are really just boys! It really spoils my evening when I go out for a nice drink with the girls and this happens... especially the unlicensed part...

YimSiam ;);)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew, lucky we're all (more or less) anonymous on this board!

Looking forward to being in Pattaya in a few, where I'm sure I'll enjoy a few beers in a few unlicensed venues! The underaged part, though, I can certainly do without!

Viva lawlessness!

YimSiam

What unlicensed bars?

Dunno who started this shit in this thread but a bar without a license does to my knowledge not exist! Some people like to confuse some things on this board and it is getting weirder and weirder!

The point is that Soi 6 bars only get a license for 1 year and then they have to apply again because they want to clean up this area sooner or later! I am not even saying who initiated this with their bribes, just have a look what is under construction next door and you get the drift!

What unlicensed bars?

Dunno who started this shit in this thread but a bar without a license does to my knowledge not exist!

Well, they certainly do in Bangkok. Many times places have been shut down for license issues: not renewed, wrong owners, wrong name, wrong type, etc., etc. Any of those issues could allow a bar to be called "unlicensed," for if the license is somehow invalid, then the bar is unlicensed. Simple extrapolation of logic.

An excellent example is AfterSkool in Cowboy. The had license issues when the new guy took over years ago. The license said the name of the bar was Sunshine. He got into trouble for the unlicensed name change. If you look (even today), you'll see a sign that says "Sunshine" (obviously still the legal name) outside the bar. even tho' the working name is AfterSkool. Baccara used to be the same with a licensed name of Bluebird, but they either got the license fixed or are skirting the law again cuz their flash new signage no longer says Bluebird.

I am sure your beloved Patters is no different with regard to business licensing.

Cheers,

SD

Be careful by using the word logic in context with Thais! :)

I don't really know what the problem is in BKK to go and put the new name into the license. I am not going into details what it takes to get your bar licensed here but it shows me one more time that these in BKK have no protection nor organization at all. To get fucked in Pattaya you gotta disobey a couple of simple "business" rules and from what I understand it is very different to BKK! It was harder finding a Tailor shop on Beach Road then getting the license for the bar!

Well mate, do not make the mistake of getting things done "easily" via bakshish a substitute for doing it right. The first can and will come back to bite you in the arse at the most inopportune time. Use the bribes to buy yourself time while doing it legally, then you'll never have a worry and you will not be in anyone's debt either...

Remember, you have only been in town a little over a year. Don't assume you know all the angles.

Cheers,

SD

Archived