One Word

bust

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I'm curious. It's been here for a couple of days now. What gives? It's a bit - one word -..innit?

It's to be used in some promotional material for the refugee crisis on the Thai/Burma border. Tragedy is what came to mind for me.

It's to be used in some promotional material for the refugee crisis on the Thai/Burma border. Tragedy is what came to mind for me.

I indeed have the intellect of a teenager but I still give it a shot, hope nothing inappropriate due to my giant lack of English, just some brainstorming here!

CRYsis!

Borderline!

Security!

Awareness!

Human! (probably i like that best because it implicates the baby is just human, we are ll just humans etc)

Okay' date=' I'm curious. It's been here for a couple of days now. What gives? It's a bit - one word -..innit? [/quote']

I think that type of spiel with sad looking kids is incredibly 'last-century' in the NGO/fund raising industry.

I would try for an image that at least has SOMETHING to do with the issue.

Like, this page is a bit of a mess in layout, but I do like the pictures in terms of topic:

http://www.burmaborder.com/Link.htm

Why try to reduce that in one word? You can't!

The photo may not be used but I think it captures the situation. I have been fortunate enough to have one of the world's top add agencies doing this and their research says that a child will always get a reaction. We could use photos of small children with both legs blown off by a landmine, a row of dead bodies or some other form of suffering but reality is, people don't want to see that type of thing.

Archived