Do BG's Stick Together or Work Against Each Other??

Savittre

I post this from pure curiosity. Do the BG's in LOS support each other, or do they rip each other off, screw each other around, e.g. the hardened pros taking advantage of the new girls, and whatever else?

I think I can already see that the answers will be a mix of both, but it will be interesting to see which way the scales tip. I'm guessing some of you have interesting tales on this topic!!

Also, BTW, generally speaking, what attitude do the mama-sans have toward the BG's? The only mama-san I ever talked to is the Long Gun mama-san. She seemed very nice, and the limited number of girls I asked all said she is good. What do the mama-sans treat the girls like at other bars?

Hi,

"Do the BG's in LOS support each other, or do they rip each other off, screw each other around, e.g. the hardened pros taking advantage of the new girls, and whatever else?"

I am sure that there are girls on both ends of the scales and everywhere in between.

Rivalry exists, the amount depends on a lot of factors (same province/town, mutual friends, personality of the girl, etc.).

"Also, BTW, generally speaking, what attitude do the mama-sans have toward the BG's?"

Again, depends on the mamasan. As you said, some are very nice to the girls, others steal from them.

Sanuk!

I think that the question is very open to generalisations. As Khun Sanuk wrote "both ends of the scales" and "depends on a lot of factors" really sums it up for me.

I know of BGs that have had handbags stolen from their changing area (apartment keys and a few hundred baht gone) to jewellery lifted from handbags and onto many thousands of baht lent but never repaid when the BG on the receiving end moves onto new areas.

I have also known of money being lent between BGs to help out when a family crisis hits (who knows...sometimes the buffalo maybe really sick when no farang is around to help out) or the rent is due and not enough cash earnt that month to pay all the bills. I think that the monetary aid between BGs also extends to the phrase 'can you also buy a cola for my good friend / sister'.

On the emotional assistance front I have seen BGs consoling each other after bad experiences with 'boyfriends'/customers. And who would bet against the BG network spreading the word when one of their fellow co-workers has been treated badly?

From my limited experience of the scene I would suggest that it was very much on a person to person basis, within each bar a small number of ladies may get on well together and look after each other but may have serious rivalry with members of another close 'group' within the same bar. But isn't this typical of life in general and not limited to the BG arena?

Just my 25 satang worth...

I've found that there are cliques within each bar, especially the larger ones. The smaller ones may be a bit more sisterhood involved.

I agree, they definitely protect their turf. My main Pattaya girl complains of fellow workers who have borrowed money & not paid back also. (maybe a ruse to get me to give her $).

Generally, they all know that they all need to get men in the door making it easier for all to make money. They'll encourage their farang to bring friend for their friend, etc.

Great subject:

My experiences in the beer-bars of Pattaya have been very consistent in that they hang in cliques. Each clique has somewhat of a leader who is usually the best looking one and usually has the most money. There's somewhat of a hierarchy in that clique and from what I've seen it usually depends on how the girls look. In the clique they're very supportive of each other and I usually get to know my LT girl's clique very well. I'm usually with the first or second best looking girl of the clique. Some cliques seem harder-core than others do. I'm usually drawn to girls in the not so hard core cliques and my LT girl's friends seem to be the nicer of the whole bar. It's been very consistent that the friends of the clique help in asking the questions such as: how long you stay, when you come back, and help try and bait me up.

I usually sit at one bar every night for a week and watch very closely how the girls act. My observations have been that when a falong comes walking down the soi the girls have such advanced warning that they some how come to an unspoken agreement (depending on how good looking the falong is) on who's got first shot with him. It seems to me that if the falong is good-looking the better-looking girls will get first shot and the less attractive girls just sit back. If the falong is not so good-looking the better looking girls lay back ignoring him and the less attractive girls go to work.

I may be wrong, crazy, or just not knowing what the hell's going on, but these are my assumptions & observations in the Pattaya beer-bars. Of course every night is different and some nights seem like a free-for-all among the girls to get themselves a falong.

Please don't flame me, it's just my observations. Of course there are so many things going on among the girls at the bars, all sorts of combonations of things is possible.

I know one place on SC, one of the BMC places

(buy me cola !) it's like one big sisterhood.

Almost all are from Kalasin, 3/4's stay upstairs and $$$$ is regularly borrowed and lent out.

One night I announced to mamasan that I wanted to take home each girl on different nights. Now when I walk in the door they have it all worked out who goes with me that night. wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

I post this from pure curiosity. Do the BG's in LOS support each other, or do they rip each other off, screw each other around, e.g. the hardened pros taking advantage of the new girls, and whatever else?

[/b]

Bar girls will happily rip each other off, with few, if any qualms...however, they will stick together like dog shit to rip *you* off..

-j-

quote:

Originally posted by chocolat steve:

My main Pattaya girl complains of fellow workers who have borrowed money & not paid back also. (maybe a ruse to get me to give her $).

Hey hey, CS, this is definitely a Pattaya trait, and kind of refreshing to know we're all equals in that matter, working girls and farangs. I still have to go back to Pattaya every year ( or a couple months after) and not hear that she and she are not on talking terms anymore, though they were "like sistas" before. Always about money, or B/F stolen, which is same same. I hold in great esteem, the ladies who paid me back money owed. A feat!

Archived