Leo Beer: Which bars serve it?

whitelotuslane

In Bangkok, it seems most bars have a very limited selection of beer; the usual crap basically.

I actually prefer Leo beer: Do you know of any bars that serve it? (Big or small bottle or price (within reason) don't matter to me.. It's the taste I'm after)

Yes, I know 7/11's have it, I'm looking for a bar/pub in the general Sukhumvit or Khao San area.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably none, the cheapest beer bars selling is Chang but even that isn't found everywhere as they don't make enough money on it. Cheaper beers like Leo are almost completely for the thai segment and the demand for those are close to zero in farang bars + of course that not enough money - you live on the bahts not the percentage.

For sure if you come often to a certain bar I think the barowner can have some for you at the same price as for a Heineken or a Singha. :beer:

Singa really tastes like shit compared to Chang or Leo. I think in Pattaya Leo is on offer in many bars.

I don't get Elef's idea...If you buy Heineken at let's say 30 baht a bottle and sell it at 140 baht a bottle what's the difference to buy Leo at 20 baht and sell it at 130 baht?

"I don't get Elef's idea...If you buy Heineken at let's say 30 baht a bottle and sell it at 140 baht a bottle what's the difference to buy Leo at 20 baht and sell it at 130 baht?"

Markup on Heinenken is 3.5 times.

Markup on Leo is 6.5 times.

:dunno: Don't make sense to me but then what the hell do I know?

:stupid: I think you can get Leo at Gullivers.

Usually the bars have the same mark-up (percentage) on all beers.

So if I drink 2 Chang instead of 3 Singha or Heineken the bar will get

3 x 85 = 255

-

2 x 65 = 130

half the money and profit and I'll get the same alcohol (actually a little less as Chang is 6.4 % in theory but often more, the other two 5 or 5.5 %)

Archived