Pattaya Crackdown?

Guy Himmaparn

I think the CCTV cameras are supposed to help to keep track of criminal subjects rather than underage girls. The way Pattaya is organized i can't see bigger changes coming in the near future. It has been said by the police that they aren't happy with the lesbian shows, dildo shows and fuck shows anymore and sometimes it is just a good idea to receive the message and respect it. The real problem I can see is that BKK Police is going into the bars in casual wear and is able to get some footage of the stage action, that would be bad. Pattaya police has no interest in cutting off the hand that .......

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The police from BKK is coming 2-3 nights a week to Pattaya. The reason for this is pressure from the american embassy and copyright organizations.

I know a lady (Rabbit) who has sold copy handbags for more than 7 years (the time I've known her). She always receives a phone call the night before or in the morning of a raid, so she has never been caught.

Thaksin as an old police officer knew the corruption and sometimes sent police officers from his own police force as PM, they arranged some pisstests in discos ang gogos, but after the coup this has stopped.

So IMO the situation in Pattaya is much calmer now.

Bugger war between nations - I'd like a world war between authoritarian 'moral majority' busybodies and relaxed allow-everything dudes! :thumbup:

I don't know about that - I've got a feeling that 'moral majority' crowd might kick our ass! They've got a thing for organisation that we just might not have enough of...

YimSiam :smirk:

Elef, while I was in total agreement with you a couple of weeks ago you are recently reporting a couple of odd things that are not entirely true.

BKK Police has different departments, those who are making raids in the nightlife coming 2 to 3 times per year.

Those who are looking for copies coming every 2nd month to instruct the Pattaya police what they are looking for in specific. It just recently happened and all the DVDs on the street stands where gone while the watches and other stuff were still on display! DVDs are back on display now but they told the guys to hide a em a little so they can't be seen from a car or a motorbike!

Whoever told you that BKK Police is coming 2-3 times a week wanted to sound important! When BKK police is really after something and really wants to find something they won't even coordinate with the Pattaya police because they know that the suspects will be warned by "their" police officer!

That's how they were able to fuck a bar owner badly on friday last week!

OK, I check the frequency next time in Pattaya. Before the local copy police was one officer, he had 1000s of lacoste and other shirts in his home and couldn't be relied on. So until not so long time ago at least there were police officers from BKK several times every week checking for copy products.

The reason for this is pressure from the american embassy and copyright organizations.

If true, this is really strange. The Bangkok police certainly don't need to travel to Pattaya to find pirated goods. They are available for sale in plain sight all over Bangkok.

When I did my 1:20 am stroll down Sukhumvit I had to pass the stalls selling pirated goods - which were still open even though the bars in NEP were not - before I got to the open air folding table bars along Sukhumvit. No one in the US Embassy nor any IP stakeholders are going to believe for a nanosecond that the authorities have to travel all the way to Pattaya to find pirated goods.

Hey CT, give the truth here. Its only 4 days till I move!!!! WTF, prices are still cheaper in PTY.

Heard from G**g. She had a run in with her ex at Marine? My future ex-gf is waiting patiently for me at the #1 Aussie poacher's bar.

Heard from G**g. She had a run in with her ex at Marine? My future ex-gf is waiting patiently for me at the #1 Aussie poacher's bar.

I was with her in Marine when it happened, this little fucker is beating her up, spending money on hookers and not 1 satang for child support, he magically left the country now ;) I made her change the bar as well since P is such a looser and such a dick, she works for K now.

Prices are cheaper my friend, don't spoil them :)

Archived