Pattaya Crackdown?

Guy Himmaparn

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_25_05_50.htm

Friday 25th May 2007

Beer Bars and Go-Go Bars told to cover up or face closure.

Police Colonel Sutin, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police along with Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, chaired this Friday Morning Meeting attended by 360 staff members of Beer Bars and Go-Go Bars operating here in Pattaya. They were told that the Police and Pattaya Administration will no longer tolerate explicit shows and nakedness in the bars of Pattaya and any establishment found to be disregarding these orders will face a minimum of a 60 day closure order and even the revocation of entertainment and liquor licenses. It is thought that a Bar Crackdown will shortly follow to ensure that bars are following these newly enforced regulations.

How serious do you think this will be? And how long will it last?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In worst case less flesh to see, but new police boss wants to

1. show his superiors that he's a good officer

2. inform the barowners that he expects at least as much tea money as his predecessor

so probably this will last a week or so. :D

But with the new CCTV's now verified to be installed and recording in every single bar, it's no longer going to be a matter of a quick coverup when MiB walks by to prove compliance. This could be very bad indeed...

Lol what a piece of crap!

That is for the face in the media! People still haven't understood how things are organized. CCTV cameras are not showing the stage!

So, to answer RF's question, this is all for show. If, say, a year or two from now, someone tries to make political hay because the regulations don't help acheive the goal of stopping showing, just change the goal. The CCTVs were put in to make sure that its patrons are not underage.

Let's hope it plays out this way. Or, if that doesn't work, let me suggest this: it has always been my experience that electronic gear just doesn't last as long here in the tropics as it does in more temperate climates.

Or, do what they do in movies (Speed, Ocean's Eleven, etc) and loop the footage, showing something else? :)

I hope it's not serious and doesn't disrupt my visit (which should hopefully be soon). That would piss me off.

And I fear it could happen. Nana's still not really showing, is it? That's pretty much 6 years, with only a few breaks, of non-showing. We didn't think it could happen there.

What the fuck is wrong with these people anyway? It's just a bit of nakedness between consenting adults. I'd like to :boxing::rip: all such cunts.

Bugger war between nations - I'd like a world war between authoritarian 'moral majority' busybodies and relaxed allow-everything dudes! :thumbup:

Archived