New British £20 Notes

Hamokhamok

the notes were introduced into the UK while i was out the Country.

on my arrival at Gatwick and used the ATM to get some cash for a few drinks before my train home.

i thought WTF..............

i had no idea notes were changing and was surprised when i saw the new note.

and as to the Flashers comment about the Canadian currency.

when i was in the US i had trouble changing my Sterling....... :onfire:

most of the Cashiers had no idea what currency it was and then wanted to charge me 20% commission on the transaction..... :shocked:

and some banks would not even change travellers cheques because they didn't think they were real because they were not American Express...... :banghead:

and once when asked for ID for a transaction i presented my Passport and was asked if i had any American Passport........... :nono:

I'd go with the new notes. While in the U.K., I had no trouble using English notes in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I had some problem using Scottish notes in England (but, from what I understand, the law states that merchants have to take them) but I had considerable problems using notes from N. Ireland. I had to take them to an English bank to exchange them for English notes. I don't think that I would take either Scottish or N. Irish notes to Thailand. I wonder if my Scottish 5 pound notes with Jack Nicklaus on both sides would be taken in Thailand? I have 23 of them. I doubt it.

Archived