Patpong Update

kpanther777765

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I visited Patpong late one night on my last trip. Can't really recommend a spot. A friend of mine warned me to stay out of any of the upstairs joints, said they're dangerous, so I stayed at street level. The place was pretty crowded, and lots of Thai guys hanging out (didn't pay enough attention to figure out if they were gay or gangsters or ???). Shot some pool in one bar... met a 17 year old girl who seemed pretty hard for her age... I wasn't all that impressed really. I found a cutie and took her home - but could've done that anywhere crazy.gif" border="0

You can go into any of the King's Group gogo bars, music bars or discos, even upstairs bars, without fear of being ripped off. You will get "hustled" for lady drinks, roses, green mango, etc. If you're not interested, just say no. King's Group operates about a dozen venues in Pat Pong and their logo is always prominently displayed outside the door.

I have always found Pat Pong to be a great place to meet strange and interesting people. It is quite removed from Sukhumvit, so if that's where you're staying, or just spending most of your time, you'll almost never run into any one that you barfined a couple of days before and that's what I liked about it.

Hi!

At Qeen's Castle they tried to rip me of once by placing a ridiculous amount of bills in my cup. The did correct it immediately when I protested though. At the time I wasn't the slightesty drunk so I don't know wht would have happened if I had been.

regards

ALHOLK

I agree with Rictic's evaluation of King's Group bars and avoid them like the plague. I will not go to any of the gogos or show bars. I used to go to the two discos, but now even stay out of them. King's Garden used to be a good after-hours venue, but, last I heard they were closing early like the other spots voiding its usefullness a la Thermae.

I know this is purely subjective, and, a bar could be good one night and stink the next. When I am looking for a gogo in Patpong, I visit Safari, Goldfinger (more for the drinking,music and the good owner rather than the dancers), Superstars, and Pink Panther (although I can do without the boxing events).

I used to love the King's Group gogos - surely some of the best lookers around. However, the pushy attitude of the staff and girls my last trips just turned me off.

Again, one man's opinion...

Rictic, Alholk, Sarisin --

I can't disagree with you guys and I'm not going to defend King's Group for unpleasant incidents attributed to their bars, that is Pat Pong.

Still, I do stand by my original post. I think if kpanther "wanted just to try one time to see for myself how Patpong compared" he could do a lot worse than stopping for a drink or two in a couple of King's Group bars and having a look around. I also think that just for the sheer number of dancers on any given night, King's I or II or Camelot are an experience not to be missed if you are visiting Bangkok and have never been.

I've only been to King's Corner once and it doesn't really surprise me that in a katoey bar you might be charged for an extra drink you didn't order. Sunday school, it ain't. I guess, technically, that is a rip off, but, IMHO, a misdemeanor at best.

Like I said, I'm not here to defend the King's Group, but I will point out that if kpanther decides to visit any upstairs bars he has a strong likelihood of running into a major problem if he decides to enter one that's not part of the the King's Group. They are the best of a bad lot, that's all I'm saying.

As far as the other places mentioned by Sarisin, yeah, sure, I guess they're OK, but only in the context he mentioned,"(more for the drinking,music and the good owner rather than the dancers)".

Well, I hope that this discussion does assist kpanther and helps him to enjoy what Pat Pong has to offer should he decide to pay a visit.

I will offer kpanther one more piece of advice regarding the numerous touts that are surely to be encountered when trying to walk through Pat Pong. When they get in your face, just smile and say, "Mai ow, Krup" (roughly "no thank you"), and keep moving. This tactic will immediately cause any Pat Pong tout to cease and desist with the sales pitch and allow you to continue your tour uninterrupted.

Good luck, be careful, have a great time and please post a mini trip report.

Have to agree with Sarasin on his choice of bars. I have allways liked safari.

As for Upstairs bars Kings group, I brought my brother there 2 years ago. Not been there for years, they had introduced a ticket system that was to be used against your first drink. Even if it gets you a drink it's a cover charge, The showgirl finished just as we ordered our drinks, she then came round wanting a tip, I said no, she then swore at us, so F=#@k the kings group. If they can't get their staff to behave they don't get my business and I"ll tell everyone about that sort of behaviour, thats why their bars are now half empty.

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

You can go into any of the King's Group gogo bars, music bars or discos, even upstairs bars, without fear of being ripped off.

Sorry mate but your wrong, My cousins were over here a few weeks back, went into a Kings group Bar (Katoey) Had a round of drinks, bought a lady drink and then paid up. As they were leaving anpther Katoey along with the mamasan produced a bill for a lady drink that hadn't been placed in the cup. So my advice is now AVOID KINGS GROUP BARS.

Amazing they rip off 1 lady drink and cost themselves Thousands of Baht in lost sales and bad publicity such as now.

In 3 weeks they got one visit off of this group.The initial visit. They never went to another Kings group bar after that.

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

Have to agree with Sarasin on his choice of bars. I have allways liked safari.

As for Upstairs bars Kings group, I brought my brother there 2 years ago. Not been there for years, they had introduced a ticket system that was to be used against your first drink. Even if it gets you a drink it's a cover charge, The showgirl finished just as we ordered our drinks, she then came round wanting a tip, I said no, she then swore at us, so F=#@k the kings group. If they can't get their staff to behave they don't get my business and I"ll tell everyone about that sort of behaviour, thats why their bars are now half empty.

This sounds absolutely nothing like any upstairs King's Group bar I've ever been in. First time I went was 2 years ago. Never seen any kind of ticket system, never had the showgirl(s) come off stage looking for a tip, etc. To me they function like the downstairs bars just more randy.

I'm sure the occasional rip-off does occur up there, but I haven't really had any problems myself.

On the other hand, I *have* had problems at several non-King's Group upstairs bars. The most egregious of which was at the Girlfriend Bar, where they (unsuccessfully) tried the classic "you pay 800 baht for show fee" door blocking maneuver.

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Still, I do stand by my original post. I think if kpanther "wanted just to try one time to see for myself how Patpong compared" he could do a lot worse than stopping for a drink or two in a couple of King's Group bars and having a look around. I also think that just for the sheer number of dancers on any given night, King's I or II or Camelot are an experience not to be missed if you are visiting Bangkok and have never been.

Like I said, I'm not here to defend the King's Group, but I will point out that if kpanther decides to visit any upstairs bars he has a strong likelihood of running into a major problem if he decides to enter one that's not part of the the King's Group. They are the best of a bad lot, that's all I'm saying.

Well, I hope that this discussion does assist kpanther and helps him to enjoy what Pat Pong has to offer should he decide to pay a visit.

Very good points CK. I agree that a trip to Bangkok would not be complete without a visit to the Patpong entertainment venues. Yes, if you are contemplating a visit to the upstairs joints, I say don't, with the exception of Supergirls where I often take visitors who insist on seeing a show in the 'pong. I have never had a problem there although it is dark and the ladies can be mighty frisky. I used to like Super Pussy too, but now the aggressive katoeys soliciting tips far outnumber the real ladies.

I see no harm in a stop at the bars you mentioned. Camelot, Kings I and II used to be my favorites. But, several years ago things went awry IMO and now I cannot stand the places. I have spoken with Kings Group management with my complaints and received only lip service from them. So, now I take visitors to the bars I mentioned usually with good results.

If kpanther does decide to visit Kings Group bars, I suggest he go with someone who knows the score and is capable of deflecting the constant BS you have thrown your way. I agree that there are few bars in the realm that have such beauty as the three you mentioned. I just wish the Kings Group beauty came with the Soi Cowboy ambiance.

Now, let me go out and buy me some Bodyguards, OK?

Archived