Mozilla browser, lost all bookmarks

thalenoi

Seems I got an upgrade of Mozilla browser two days ago, you get directed to a Mozilla web page showing "what's new" I opted to keep my normal home page. All was fine afterwards:

THis morning closed browser, went to buy some food, came back, opened Mozilla, got Mozilla web page again, reset home page again and have EMPTY Bookmarks!!!! Checked history, nothing there!!!

Tried a system restore (from yesterday) same same.

Sure I have regular back-ups of data on second hard disk, but not my bookmarks :sad::sad::sad:

I HAD hundreds of bookmarks and logons with passwords....I hope they still there (in Win XP)

No idea why this happened, suspect Mozilla update though, Y'all warned....

Thalenoi

Backups should be found in

C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xd0y5og7.default [or something similar maybe]\bookmarkbackups

This Folder Saves the Last 5 days of your bookmarks. Good Luck.

Mekong, Yes and thanks, found the backups after posting message in the mean time, wonder how to set them back though....copied them to second hard disk to be on safe side...

There is a File...Import wizard, refers to Microsoft Internet explorer though, can not untick the only option offered...will try to pursue and see...

"Bookmarks -> Organize (or Manage) Bookmarks... -> File -> Import... -> from File"

Then Import from C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Prof iles\xd0y5og7.default [or something similar maybe]\bookmarkbackups

Thalenoi,

no help for the current problem, but a hint to avoid this in the future.

From time to time I back up my Firefox settings using Mozbackup

I also rebuild FF from the backup and that worked, including the Add-ons settings.

Even worked after I re-installed XP and works to clone FF on my second computer.

Mozbackup also does backups and rebuilds of Thunderbird.

Unfortunately Mozbackup doen't yet run automatic.

Archived