Army Surplus

buddha

The $99 ex-WW2 jeeps are in fact a reality. The only catch is they come disassembled in crates and you have to buy several of them to make sure you get a complete jeep. The frieght charges are also enormous.

They are single wheel drive 3 cylinder engines. Nice looking body, but shit suspension and drivetrain.

Personnaly I would love one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story in the early '90s was that someone went checking the old storage bunkers at Redstone Arsenal, just to see what was in them. In one bunker they found a dozen WWII Harleys the MPs had used. They were in perfect shape and even had the sidecars. Supposedly, half a dozen of them mysteriously went missing. ;)

I always sigh a bit when I see the Thai Army driving WWII style jeeps and 3/4 ton trucks in near mint condition. The US stopped using them 25 years ago! (My assigned vehicle was a 3/4.)

what was that movie where at the end they but the wooden crate in a gigantic storage wherehouse with thousands of similiar wooden crates !

I want to say Raiders of the Lost Ark,

anyway I always hope to stumble on a wherehouse like that...

OC

want a be treasure hunter....

Yep, Raiders of the Lost Ark. At the end, the US govmt seizes the Ark from Indiana Jones and it is seen being packed away in a huge warehouse with assorted other unidentified "junk".

Some career NCOs told me there is a huge warehouse in Virginia where the US Army stores all sorts of things ... including uniforms and clothing from WWII. Anyone care for some brand new Ike jackets???

Was up in CM a few weeks ago. There's a little moto repair shop at the end of Soi 9 (the backpacker haven) and turn right (this is at the end of the soi furthest away from the moat) and apart from having lots of Vespas in there they also had two despatch rider motorbikes. Looked like WW2 era and had all sorts of strange military things hanging off them. BSAs they were.

Archived