Army Surplus

buddha

Yep, Raiders of the Lost Ark. At the end, the US govmt seizes the Ark from Indiana Jones and it is seen being packed away in a huge warehouse with assorted other unidentified "junk".

Some career NCOs told me there is a huge warehouse in Virginia where the US Army stores all sorts of things ... including uniforms and clothing from WWII. Anyone care for some brand new Ike jackets???

I would be in Ebay heaven , thinking of all the stuff I could resell :)

OC

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay....goddamit!!! haha!!!

Specific locale of army surplus store?

Every been to the gigantic store on the border of Aranya Prathet and Poipet?

They have a working tank and huey for sale. 100's of mint condition gi issue alice packs, c rations, just about anything vietnam era...

How bout bangkok?

• 2 weeks later...

The Klong Lord / Klong Thom area in Bangkok has a lot of Military Surplus items - mainly clothing and small hardware (knives, canteens etc..).

Don't recall seeing a Gasmask there, but you could look.

What gases do you require protection against though? There are a lot of modern Gas Masks with replaceable Filters specifically designed for a number of gases. Much more reliable than Army Surplus kit.

Paul

Area 51 is not a myth.

Loads of stuff that people don't want you to know about.

Anyone know how you get through the Van Allen belt ?

One of the astronauts who went to the moon says Roswell was a real alien encounter. (Ed White, I think ...)

I don't know what happened at Roswell, by the Air Force keeps changing its story. Even Jimmy Carter wasn't allowed to see the uncensored Roswell reports!

:hmmm:

I saw a gas mask on a mannequin outside a little shop next to Robinsons n Sri Racha, the mannequin was fully kitted out in military gear so it struck me at the time that it was an Army Surplus place but I didn't get to see into the shop itself as I was driving and looking at traffic.

It's on the right hand side as you face Robinson's from the main road.

well I think I can figure out how to put them together, or if it was real hard I could hire that airplane mechanic that hangs around here....

But where are they ?

Matbe a WW2 Harley 45 ci with sidecar would be better :)

OC

OC...hate to disappoint, but here's something to take a look at: http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_jeeps_50dollars.php3

The "$50 Jeep" was basically a "myth"...a scam.

Locals in Thailand can check with the DRMO in BKK regarding any surplus sales they might have going. The office used to be located at the JUSMAG.

HH

Archived