Kanchanaburi anyone?

Donut

Hello all, I started my travels in LOS 14 years ago by going to Kanchaburi. I had a good time there and returned the following two years but havn't been back since. Now I am planning a return to show my kids Kan'buri and need some good recommendation for hotels/guest houses, bars, restaurants etc. all input is greatfully appreciated.

/D

There are some great guest houses along the river, we stayed last year at Sam`s House which is situated on the river bank in a lovely garden.

The Jolly Frog restaurant was particularly popular with my kids as they also serve large western meals at very good prices and the restaurant is in nice settings.

A list of other Guest Houses in `Kan:

cheers

hn

Depending how old your kids are...when I was there last year, I enjoyed swimming in the river, but it is a very fast river and for young one, very dangerous!

We stayed up river, in a river house. Great place, nice, relaxing time. I just booked everything thru a BKK tour company so it was easy and not too expensive.

I will do it again!

Hi all, thanks for the feedback. I will try to get a hotel by/on the river. I used to swim in the river as well but the kids are too small and I remember getting alarmed by some of the things I saw floating by :thumbdown:

Thanks again, D

• 3 months later...

Archived