FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

thank you Teddy and JS.

my post was just about that the game is bigger than the Players,wether they be past or present and of course people other than Players.

i understand the point that The Munchmaster was making but Fans of Teams will want to honour former Players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bent is horribly overpriced - all West Ham's fault I think. Allegedly he turned down £75k a week to play for Spurs for £45k. Having said that I think Spurs now have the strongest set of strikers in the Premier if they can hang on to Defoe. Three of them British too, though the best isn't! I think Berbatov is the best player in the league in any position.

Bale is a good signing too and if they can keep their defenders fit this year I believe they will finally break into the top 4, probably at Arsenal's expense.

Mind you, they will have to recover from a poor start .........

Arsenal Snap Up Striker Da Silva

"Arsenal have swooped to sign Croatian international striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb."

I like these words "snap up" and "swooped". They make it sound like we've nipped in and got him before anyone else. :)

Trouble is I've never heard of him. :dunno:

_42451246_dasilva203.jpg

"The 24-year-old, who scored against England in a Euro 2008 qualifier in October, has signed a four-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal say the fee is undisclosed, though Dinamo president Mirko Barisic said it amounted to £16.25m.

"I am sad to leave," said Da Silva. "But I'm happy too, since Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Da Silva moved from Brazil to Croatia at 15 and took nationality at 22. He has scored seven international goals.

He scored the first competitive goal at the Emirates when Arsenal beat Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 on aggregate in last season's Champions League third qualifying round.

And he finished the Croatian season with a record 34 goals."

One mans take on the current transfer market.

Tottenham just love their midfielders. Not content with having 300 of them, they're now chasing Keiron Dyer. Toon boss Sam Allardyce won't take the $8 million on offer though. Well, Joey Barton does need a punchbag.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez understandably wants to wash his hands of Welsh nutter Craig Bellamy. But he's clearly had too much Sangria during the close season. He's ready to hand Bellamy to West Ham in exchange for the Hammer's hit and miss Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

Khalid Boulahrouz has had enough of being starved for action at Chelsea. Boulharouz, nicknamed 'The Cannibal' is mulling over a $7 million switch to Sevilla, where he can munch on as many oranges and Spanish strikers as he can stomach.

Rangers, gutted at missing out on Julien Faubert, after his crazy $12 million move to West Ham, are planning to ease the pain by bringing in striker Robbie Fowler on a free. Sorry, did I say ease the pain?

Diomansy Kamara is quitting West Brom for a $10 million switch to Fulham because he doesn't want to be playing in the Championship again. So he'll be looking for another club next summer then?

Harry Redknapp loves his wheeling and dealing. He will try to tempt Middlesborough to part with striker Yakubu by offering them Pompey midfielder Gary O'Neil, and a second hand motor.

Arsenal Snap Up Striker Da Silva

"Arsenal have swooped to sign Croatian international striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb."

Hopefully not another Suker ..

Trouble is I've never heard of him. :dunno:

Didn't he make the fat yid goalie look pretty daft when England lost to the Croats last year ??

Cheers

K

Archived