Which Band Would You Like To See Reform?

MooNoi

I'm not too big on reunion tours cause they are mostly a big disappointment since they main objective is to play stadiums and generate as much cash as possible.

UFO got back together with M. Schenker about 10 years ago and toured playing the entire set from the Stangers in the Night double live album. They played small intimate venues. That was the only reunion show I've seen worth the price of admission.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Scorpions with Uli Roth perform the Tokyo Tapes set.

In most cases, you would need to resurrect the dead to have an intriguing reunion tour....

AC/CD with Bon Scott

Led Zepplin with Bonham

Queen with Freddy Mercury

Nirvana with Kurt Cobain

GG Allin with GG Allin and the Murder Junkies

The Mentors with El Duce

Sid Vicious with the Sex Pistols

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Jimi Hendrix

etc.

Quite possibly we long to see these people because they didn't overstay their welcome and we romanticize about what they may have become.

Apart from mentors...a great list love to come along with you....Hendrix what an act :thumbup:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot include bands where a member died - eg. The Who, AC/DC etc.

Er, AckerDacker dont need to reform : they were always a lot more than Bon (even if he didnt realise that) ... if Angus died, it would be a different kettle of fish. AC/DC could have been called 'The Brothers Young', but I dont know if metal fans would have warmed to that. I remember seeing Bon Scott in a very Gary Glitter-esque outfit at a school dance in '74, Angus in the uniform and the rest of the band looking almost exactly the way they do now. They might own country estates and drive Bentleys - I dont know and dont care - but they didnt put out dance mixes of 'TNT' when the Disco dark ages descended on Oz : they went to Europe and discovered a whole new audience of headbangers. Our loss, IMO, but they inspired several generations of pub rock standouts that live on today - the Powderfinger/Silverchair tour is the biggest homegrown event staged in this country in a long time - regional Oz has certainly never seen anything like it and the phones have run hot.

http://w3.acrossthegreatdivide.com.au/shows/

Since everyone else seems to be ignoring the 'no dead guys' rule, I scanned this thread and didnt see a single mention of, arguably, the best thing ever to come out of the British Isles, Thin Lizzy. Live and Dangerous has had a spot on every tape/CD/iPod compilation I have ever put together, and I doubt that there would be a single Anglo-Celtic male over 40 who doesnt get nostalgic at the opening chords of 'Boys are Back'. Lynott really lost the plot completely post this milestone album, but he was a consummate showman when I saw TL perform in front of the Opera House in the late 70's. That afternoon, and Springsteen at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in the mid-Eighties, were the highlight for me - rock stars just seemed to get a whole lot more self-absorbed and 'out there' for mine. Whether it was Saint Bono, Cobain or the Gallaghers (except Rory, the worthwhile Gallagher :smirk: ), very little of the music seemed to connect with me. Now, its all gals with 'tude, shouting 'Never Again !' and 'U and UR Hand' (story of my life, mate ..) at me from snarling lips : maybe rock is dead after all.

Later,

Artie

Just an aside ... Last month I saw Morgan Fisher perform in Roppongi a celebration of his (almost) 40 years in Rock & Roll ... songs from the very beginning .. Love Affair (!!!) .. and of course Mott the Hoople ... with his own movies of a mid 70's US tour as a backdrop .. awesome .. the man can certainly still play .. and sing more than I'd given him credit for.

Gobble I saw Thin Lizzy on the same 78 (I think) tour of Aust.

I was in the BRisbane Botanical Gardens, I THINK (very well wrong) that 4IP or similar put on a free concert, (All I could afford)

I was in some bushes snogging my girlfriend, and drinking some sweet fizzy wine when a bloke staggered up and said "Can I share that"

No idea who he was, passed the bottle, chattered then dawned upon me with a accent like that it was someone from the band. It was Lynot himself, was a very nice guy.

I asked if he was ok and he said "I am so farkin nervous, always am, have to walk and drink before a show or I cunt go up on stage"

Was funny, nice guy it seemed to me, a 16 year old at the time, girlfriend was impressed,

DOG

Archived