Which Band Would You Like To See Reform?

MooNoi

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice find Chuck!

I wonder who the drummer will be?

Well you know it's not easy being a drummer with Spinal Tap. A lot of them keep choking on their own vomit.

Talking of Spinal Tap did anyone hear the story about Noel Gallagher going to see them in concert...he thought it was a real band!

Misquote there Chuck, only on Tap drummer choked to death on Vomit .. and it was Someone elses.

# John "Stumpy" Pepys -- died in 1969 in a bizarre gardening accident.

# Eric Childs -- died 1974, choking to death on someone else's vomit.

# Peter "James" Bond -- spontaneously combusted on stage in 1977.

# Mick Shrimpton, who replaced Bond, disappeared and is presumed dead, as his brother Ric replaced him in 1992 and interviews with Ric make reference to other Tap members saying "We're not sure we want to put your mum through this again."

Spinal Tap's Drummers is a referance to Uriah Heep's prolific turnover in tub bashers.

As for Mott the Hoople, Ian hunter has been touring in Northern Europe the past couple of months, a friend of mine has followed him around and seen about 35 gigs so far.

I have it from reliable sources that Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio (aka Heaven and Hell) will be playing in BKK in November.

I went to high school with the lead singer from the Bangles but I don't recall ever knowing her.

Strange I never noticed her, because in our senior year there were only fifty kids in the class sharing two classrooms. It was an experimental alternative school program within the larger campus. There was no requirement to be punctual or even attend class, so that might explain it - I don't think I was 'present' too much. ;) Either that or she took a magical 'hottie pill' after she graduated. I only found out who she was at the 10 year reunion of the larger school. Not like I was a fan of the band anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanna_Hoffs

It was. The alternative school only started in my senior year but, even in my junior year I had a fourth period 'surfing class'. All you had to do was stop by the gym on your way out (around noon) and write down on a clipboard what beach you were going to surf at, then you're done for the day. That's why I quit the baseball team - much more appealing than hanging around 'till 4 waiting for daily practice.

Of course, most spots (where I lived) were blown out by that time of day, so it was rare if anybody actually went surfing. The form should have read, 'which beach are you going to get high at?'. :D

PS. The coach actually tried to teach surfing, at a nearby break, for the kids who wanted to learn, so we always said we were going far up the coast where we knew he couldn't check on us.

Come on Fiery Jack! Get in on this.

(How to annoy Fiery Jack in one easy lesson: "Hey FJ - how about THE MANIC STREET PREACHERS with whatisname Richie thingy Severn Bridge possibly Fella???. And your friend Nicky Wire!!!)

Ha ha ha. Hmmn. Sisters of Mercy. I never saw them live. They'd still be good. :bow:

By coincidence, I've got the Sex Pistols' live reunion set (Filthy Lucre Live) on my iPod. F*cking hell, that's good stuff. :up:

Hmmmn. Public Image (the original, line up playing the Metal Box set: Keith Levine, and old Jah Wobble :clown: stoned out of his tree and playing bass whilst sitting in an armchair). Man, they were f*cking good. The Stranglers, if they'd play the stuff off Rattus and Black & White. Outside bet, maybe The Sugarcubes (they did reform recently I think, did a gig in Iceland, was crap by all accounts)? :(

Would like to see Sparks live. Never saw them. Loved them when I was young. :hug:

Am thankful The Smiths haven't bothered. :nono: Morrissey's doing okay under his own steam I reckon. Best let the dahlias remain memories, love the legacy. Good line (as they almost all are) from old Moz when he was offered 5 million quid or some staggering amount of money by a TV show if he'd perform just one concert with the original Smiths line up: "I'd rather eat my own testicles. And, for a vegetarian, that's saying something." :applause:

jack :help:

PS. Re-reading this, I suppose my point is, I'd have to be able to pick the set list. Like Wordsworth, all the bands I like were seemingly capable of alarming shite as well as remarkable jewels. :rolleyes:

Archived