Which Band Would You Like To See Reform?

MooNoi

In light of The Police's recent reformation for a tour, which band would you like to see reform?

You can include bands which have changed their line-up over the years - eg. Pink Floyd, Genesis.

You cannot include bands where a member died - eg. The Who, AC/DC etc.

Examples:

ABBA

Fleetwood Mac

Spice Girls

Wham

Cold Chisel

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, most of them broke up because they were sick of playing the same old stuff, which of course we...the fans, liked best.

Hard to say, Lennon's (I know he's dead) best work as a solo artist surpassed most of the Beatles efforts (IMHO)and Paul Simon's was a good as the S&G days.

A lot of the more creative and talented band members simply dumped the old group because it didn't matter who they recorded or performed with.

After all that I supposed I'd like to see CCR reform. I'd certainly pay to see them on stage.

I'll go for Pink Floyd as well...

The trouble I find with reformed bands is that the reality is often disappointing. For example, I have seen the Buzzcocks get together after nearly 20 years and I felt quite sad. You can't sing about wanking when you're 43 (well, I can but Pete Shelley shouldn't.)

Ditto with Madness; it was a bit pantomime if you know what I mean, and I always thought that their stronger, darker stuff ('Yesterday's Men' aptly enough) was what I wanted to see them explore.

As for the Police: well,I saw them in 1979 on the strength of the first release of Roxanne and the place was full of schoolgirls. That's when I knew the death knell had sounded, the party was over and image once again was going to triumph over substance. I then spent most of the 80's sulking in a corner with my Smith's albums.

If I went to see the Police the urge to gob on that tree-hugging twat would be too much to resist. Can you imagine the audience demographic? 10,000 Alan Partridge's and people that think Enya is 'deep'. Fuck off back to Wilmslow, lightweights.

Charlatans in 2004 - no, please. Hammersmith as well. So sad.

Archived