Q Bar

TheCorinthian

If qbar is your idea of 'GTG's SuaDum then you need to pull the shades off :(

Used to be. Haven't been there in a few years. I go to Thonglor' date=' RCA and Rachada now.

[/quote']

I know a girl who's moved her way up through the years. She used to go to QBar and Bed and now prefers RCA. I wouldn't characterise her as freelancer because she seems to have made her money already. She's looking for something longer term.

Went to Slim, RCA, with her last night. What's the deal there, SD? Are the girls amenable to being picked up? Do you have much success? Seemed very much like QBar to me - loud dance music, too dark, too many farang men, full of poseurs (apparently, it was "models" night but I needed to be told :D ).

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RCA? although the scene there is going "down"

(the famous thai "trend" for night places)

it is still crowded.

This is not a freelancer place, if you did not notice the crowd is mostly thai and quite young.

Of course you could find a freelancer or a girl looking for a sugar-daddy....TIT

But in no way you behave there like in gullivers or Qbar. If you are attracted by a girl

-> use the thai way of doing it always worked for me. (spekaing thai or being with thais people on a night out helps)

You can find freelancers in RCA, but they're usually not "working" per se. They're there to party on their own time.

It's definitely possible to pull. It's a young crowd, so being around the same age, or at least looking it, helps. IME most of the girls are pretty well off by Thai standards and speak decent english, which also helps.

• 2 weeks later...
There's been FL's there since day 1. Some nights have more than others, and it usually corresponds with how much the cover is to get in.

Ladies night = tons of freelancers

1000 baht entry for a special event = not so many freelancers

You'd be hard pressed to find any club in BKK that's hooker free.

Song Saleung, Hu'u, Met Bar, Syn, Anna's Garden, Jet. Oh yeah...and Bed on gay night.

Archived