Well Done Murali

teddy

Muttiah Muralitharan got his 700th Test wicket against Bangladesh at the weekend. He now needs only 9 more to beat Shane Warnes record and become the most succesful bowler in history.

I still think that a lot of the fast bowlers were better than the likes of Warne and Murali but they obviously bowled less overs in their time and had much shorter careers because of the effort required in bowling fast.

_43998789_muraliball.jpg

I really don't think its that bad if he DOES chuck.

Anyway, It's been independently proven that he doesn't - on a medical and biomechanical (is that the right word? You know what I mean!) basis.

If a spin bowler has a slightly dodgy action, there's nowhere near the implications that there are if a fast bowler is a deemed a chucker.

Spinners are SLOW.. so whether he chucks or not doesn't really make a witch's tit of difference. Its his fingers that spin the ball... not his arm or elbow!

Great bowler... no problems at all seeing him break Warne's record. And I'm an Aussie!)

Look who they play against ..and how often ..and on pitches that are just right for him...

Never mind ..it'sjust a game :neener:

Yeah... but that's not his fault! He doesn't decide who to play and where.

Don't tell me that Aussie groundsmen never prepared a pitch that would suit Warney!!!

Ok... he may get a little help from the groundsman when he plays in Sri Lanka but why would an Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Australian groundsman help him???

And the sub-continental teams tend to play a lot more one-day cricket compared to test matches. Australia, for example, plays far more. So his feat is still absolutely valid and earned.

Its not just about the wickets taken.

Warney's a great bowler, Murali's a great bowler.

Do we say, for example, that Dennis Lillee is only half the bowler they were (are) as he only took half the number of wickets???

Ask any Aussie, English or Sth African batsman... I reckon they'd say Murali's up there with the best of them.

(Moo Noi - who played NSW under 19's and grade cricket against the Waugh twins!!! I could have turned pro if I'd wanted... but for me, it was the sport that counted! :cover: )

Archived