Well Done Murali

teddy

Spinners are SLOW.. so whether he chucks or not doesn't really make a witch's tit of difference. Its his fingers that spin the ball... not his arm or elbow!

Actually spinners often have a higher arm velocity than pace bowlers, even though that does not translate directly into raw pace.

Murali bowls at up to 100 kmph and I believe Kumble (and probably Warne back in his prime) gets up to 110 on his flipper.

Maybe they are slow (ball velocity) relative to pace bowlers but I wouldn't exactly lambaste them for being SLOW (with capital letters no less).

Maybe they are slow (ball velocity) relative to pace bowlers but I wouldn't exactly lambaste them for being SLOW (with capital letters no less).

Yes... fair point and what you say is correct.

I was meaning in comparison to pace bowlers, but you're right - spinners at that level are fast.

I remember playing grade cricket a couple of times against Greg Matthews (former Australian off-spinner). He actually used to open the bowling for his grade cricket team and was pretty sharp. (Well.. for a crap #8 batsman like me, he seemed sharp!)

• 4 months later...

Archived