ChiangMai with our son - where/what?

We are thinking about taking our 4 year old son (four and a half in Oct. ... still crazy & wild) to ChiangMai in October while on school break.

Any recommendations as to activities, attractions (family) and accomodations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, alternate destinations (same price range) would be most welcome. Don't mention Phuket. I already tried that one; but, the Mrs. still shys from the sun!

Come up to the 'Rai Lowjit. Nice and quiet compared with Chiang Mai and plenty to see and do.

He'd love the White temple... Wat See Khau about 10 kms south and there's good drives into the mountains. Plenty of cheap shopping at Mae Sai on the Burmese border. The rains will be in retreat by October so the weather will be good. You can get a car and driver for about 1500B a day, less if you shop around. Air Asia has flights from Swampy at about the same price per head.

We found a place in Chiang Mai that has crocdile rides. Great for the young child.

But make sure to check the muzzle on the crocodile first. Some are loose. I got a small nip on my arm when I checked mine. But all-in-all a fun ride. Also, check for leeches upon exiting from the waters.

In Chiang Mai try the Mobtri Hotel at Thapae Gate in the old city. The street on one side of the Montri is closed off every Sunday for a giant strolling market. Hire a driver and go to Hang Dong 25 Min. from CM to go through the handi crafts market with goods made by the locals. You can also go to the elephant camp, and snake farm for shows.

-O

It's the Montri Hotel. Nice location. Good rates. Friendly staff. Honest housekeeping staff.

Yes, the market is a great place to shop and walk around.

Yes, get a room upper level facing front road/street/soi - or front of hotel.

We found a place in Chiang Mai that has crocdile rides. Great for the young child.

But make sure to check the muzzle on the crocodile first. Some are loose. I got a small nip on my arm when I checked mine. But all-in-all a fun ride. Also, check for leeches upon exiting from the waters.

Good lord are you serious???? They got a web site??

"Take a tour of the crocodile ponds of Chaing Mai and interact with humble friendly crocodiles. Do you perceive crocodiles as dangerous? Visit Chaing Mai and you will change your perception about crocodiles. For the first time in your life you may come across a friendly crocodile that integrate and live in harmony with humans. With a bit of courage you could play with and have a crocodile ride in one of the ponds in Chiang Mai."

Anyone know how to get a "nip" off of my arm? It's still there !

:dunno:

Archived