Police step it up - Nana, 4 am Toosday

Free2Fly

Cop asks where F2 is staying and then asks to see the passport of F2, which he is able to provide along with valid '30 day on arrival' visa.

Was it a copy or an actual passport? Do you think F2 might have ended up 1000 baht short if it wasn't an actual passport?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he also said it was Buddhist Lent day , so the cops had less to do than normal ,

I was around there last summer on a Dry Day , there was still a crowd hanging around Nana , with beer being sold by some of the sidewalk vendors,

I have had girls hang onto me when they see the police , never had to do much more than that ,

I always wonder if this is pocket money for the police , if the girls get a receipt from the cops ,

If the girls ever have to aprear in court.,

just seems a weird system, the cops become the judge too and you are just guilty

OC

From what I have been told, they pay the amount or go to the monkey house. They stay there till they serve their time or get somebody to buy them out.

Forgive me for asking what may seem to be a silly and irrelevant question, but what crime did "they" allegedly commit? Even if it is contrived (often not that much of a challenge here), presumably the MiB must at least claim that some sort of crime was committed. Or is that optional now in Thailand?

The rule of law has always been thin here, but lately it seems much thinner than usual. Saw a car crash into a Japanese restaurant on Thonglor tonight. MiB arrive. Driver gets out of the crashed car totally unfazed, a large black car pulls up, he gets in and the large black pulls away. Owner of the Japanese restaurant sits on the curb his hands on his head totally stressed out. The MiB do nothing. I ask what happened, and I am told not to ask.

Even by local standards, these are unusual times.

Forgive me for asking what may seem to be a silly and irrelevant question, but what crime did "they" allegedly commit?

I guess it's just a cash making exercise. Doesn't seem right to arrest people BEFORE they commit the crime. I imagine the cops have plenty of CCTV footage if they really had to dig it up.

I think the standard punishment for this is one night in the slammer. There is probably no record of them even being arrested. The cops have to be seen as doing something and the streetwalkers are the obvious target.

This shit has been going on so long, I forgot what is the reason. Fuck me, maybe I am getting old. I know the girls use to tell me that the cops would come in the evenong and pick them up if they didn't have 500 baht for payment. If they possessed condoms that was a real bad thing, especially if it was a whole lot of condoms. They said the reason was prostitution is illegal. They only go after the women, not the men.

Archived