Marriage To Catholic voids Brit Royal line of succession

foreigner

The 1701 Act of Settlement bars monarchs or their heirs from becoming or marrying Catholics.

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II's eldest grandchild could lose his place in the line of succession to the British throne if he marries his Catholic fiancee, newspapers reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070803/en_afp/britainroyalsreligion;_ylt=AgcHzA80VfYoa32BKxEP7ZQDW7oF?

The Brit royalty is so funny

The adoration of Princess Die .. err, Princess Dead .. is so comical ..

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who really gives a shit about this?

Foreigner, you are somewhat mistaken...very few adore anything to do with the royals...who are in fact German anyway. Princess Di had a rather tragic life and highly odd end, i think there's a general sense of sympathy for her, as she was treated like shit by the establishment. If you find someones untimely demise comical, i'd suggest something is amiss in your thinking...

Guest lazyphil

a mean spirited asshole is someone who finds the death of diana comical and i was certainly no fan of her, i found her pretty annoying.

...and I assume you'd be just as critical if Communists in China disavowed a daughter of Mao Tse Tung if she married an unabashed american capitalist who hated communism?

Its the Brits own business who they want their royals married to whom.

Archived