90 out of180

easyj

Samak, the Non-Imm. type O covers other areas such as Thai wife or dependant child and the retirement visa is the type O-A.

Simie.

You can get a type "O" for either wife/dependant or retirement. You get a 90 day permission to stay stamp on entry. Both can be extended at immigration with different rules for each.

The O-A is the long stay retirement visa issued outside Thailand that gets you a 1 year entry stamp on your arrival. Pretty much the same rules as extending a type O, except you have to get a police and medical check, neither of which is required when extending in Thailand.

I emailed the Thai Consulate in Vancouver recently enquiring on the 'O' visa and got a reply today. They advised me that the single entry non-immigrant 'O' visa has the following requirements:

-50 years of age (and)

-Proof of 800,000 Baht in bank (or)

-Monthly income of 65,000 Baht

The cost of the single entry 'O' visa is $80.00 CDN. (90 days) I think the multiple entry 'O' visa is $200.00 CDN. I thought the money requirement was just for the 'O-A' visa, so will be contacting the consulate again for clarification.

Today received an email back from the Thai Consulate in Vancouver. I contacted them again to clarify whether the equivalent of 800,000 Baht in the bank, or monthly income of 65,000 Baht was required for the non-immigrant 'O' single and multiple entry visas. They confirmed the Baht requirement for the 'O' visa. So, in my own case, for a proposed stay of 5-6 months, I could get a triple entry tourist visa for $120.00 CDN or a multiple entry 'O' visa for $200.00 CDN. For those who have applied for an 'O' visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, I assume this Baht requirement was also part of the application process there?

" For those who have applied for an 'O' visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, I assume this Baht requirement was also part of the application process there?"

No, I have several friends that get one year multi entry "O" every year on trips to the US (and make trips out of Thailand every 90 days) by only showing they are over 50. Houston seems to be a favorite place.

Archived