20,000 travelers stuck at LAX by computer crash

OCgringo

thanks for the first hand report ,

At least LAX is near the coast so it was not 90 degrees , but sitting there 7 hours must have been a pain,

I am sure everyone was calling home , but I doubt anyone on the ground had much more info,

and what about the people waiting to pick people up ? I am sure they were not told anything either,

OC

Been to LA twice, will never go again......

Try to avoid the US as much as I can, not because of the political situation, just because it is so difficult to enter as a tourist........

I like so many places in the US that it is sad

There's been lots of reports in the press here about tourism numbers in the US plummeting due to it being a pain-in-the-arse for "regular" tourists to go there now, and the third degree they get from the authorities.

As Drogon said, sad... many cool things to do in the US! (Especially bar maids in Flordia! :grinyes:) Ahh... mammories... er.. memories! :D

I am surprised that somebody did not try commandering the plane. Obviously to someone on the plane there was a problem. It would be easy to believe that something terrible had happened which would mean that those on the plane(s) were up to their own to resolve the problem. I can't believe people just sat in their chairs waiting to find out what their final outcome might be.

Archived